The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Far Away
Old 2nd September 2007
Gear Maniac

Far Away

Here's a song I wrote. The recording is a demo to get the basic idea down. I know it sounds garbagy and isn't sung or played perfect. It has some nice harmonies and a good modulation at the end. Let me know if any of you like it. Thanks -Ian
Old 2nd September 2007
Gear Maniac

oops Ill post the song tomorrow!
Old 2nd September 2007
Gear Maniac

here we go!
Attached Files

far away demo(mp3).mp3 (4.21 MB, 123 views)

Old 2nd September 2007
Gear Nut

It's a decent song-idea. But it needs a chorus and the modulation at the end is redundant imho. I like the guitar-piece and the verse-melody. Then there's a pre-chorus which never goes into the real chorus.

It has the potential to be a nice song, but the composition needs a bit more work.
Old 3rd September 2007
Gear Maniac

Thank you, I plan on having some piano and little melodies to spice things up. I see where you're coming from with the modulation being "redundant" but I knew that's where the song had to go. It's very personal which I don't think a lot of popular music is anymore. You dont think the whole " and I'm feeling further everyday..." part sounds like a chorus? I guess I can understand because I change the words so it might not sound like a real one... Hope it sticks in your head and thanks again. -Ian

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search