The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
I made this song 7 years ago...would it be a radio hit? Plugin Presets/Expansions
Old 30th August 2007
Gear Head

I made this song 7 years ago...would it be a radio hit?

I recorded this on a 001 ages ago and I just listened to it...I think someone should use it. It's not really my style, and never was...but I would sure love for some band to make something out of it.
Attached Files
Old 30th August 2007
Gear Head

Moderators...I just realized the file name had a bad word in it. I hope this is not too bad. Sorry.
Old 1st September 2007
Gear Maniac

hold on to that song; it's got a nice style to it. nevermind the date of it. it's a pretty good song. i like it.
Old 1st September 2007
Lives for gear

Quite intriguing.....kinnda of drew me in and made me want to get the lyrics......so kinnda dissapointed about there only being a chorus......get urself a couple of verses......cause production and ideas are nice
Old 4th September 2007
Gear Head

I was thinking about submitting it to the radio station's local hour as a local band where I currently live...but that means I need to piece together artist photos from google images and such. Then, when the track blows up, I have to scramble to form an entire band out of the very very limited local area talent pool. I figured it might be better to sell it or just give it to a band that it would work for. Thanks for your feedback.
Old 4th September 2007
Gear Nut

I'll second what Butterrfly said, I sort of expected the song to go further than it did, but I loved the general idea. I would love to hear something like this on the radio but it ain't gonna happen (yet).
Good work,
Van Speijk
Old 8th September 2008
Gear Nut

Not to be a smart ass, but why did it take you 7 years to figure out that it's good? Here's what I think is really good: the singers voice, the slacker indie-rock guitars, the beatlesque type flutes in the background, the drum beat, the pavement/beck type vibe is really sweet. Here's what I think needs work: arrangement. Radio songs are nicely package and processed to hook a listener and take them on a ride. I know it's boring, but it's the truth. All radio songs have a common theme: production. It's weird but, if you break down hits, like "Smells like teen Spirit" or any Coldplay song they are all produced with a formula. Apply the formula to an already good song and it will be much more radio friendly. If I heard it on the radio in my car, I would definitely enjoy listening to it cause it's smooth and has a good vibe. Arrange it properly and I'll be downloading it on my iphone at the next stop light Peace and good luck!
Old 11th September 2008
Lives for gear

Don't know if it could be a hit, but I like it. Take out the canned drums put a FAT wet/loose backbeat snare in there with a real drummer. Also if you can get up in a scream range on the vocals at the end for a climax that would be very cool. maybe with some distorted guitars. Just needs a place to go as others have stated. Really like the vibe and feel of the song tho. Especially the guitar effect and vocals. Thanks for posting it.thumbsup
Old 18th March 2010
Gear Head

Someone from the Ke$ha camp

Can someone from the Ke$ha camp buy this song from me? I'll give them a deal...pass it on.
Old 18th March 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by putney41 View Post
Not to be a smart ass, but why did it take you 7 years to figure out that it's good? Here's what I think is really good: the singers voice, the slacker indie-rock guitars, the beatlesque type flutes in the background, the drum beat, the pavement/beck type vibe is really sweet. Here's what I think needs work: arrangement. Radio songs are nicely package and processed to hook a listener and take them on a ride. I know it's boring, but it's the truth. All radio songs have a common theme: production. It's weird but, if you break down hits, like "Smells like teen Spirit" or any Coldplay song they are all produced with a formula. Apply the formula to an already good song and it will be much more radio friendly. If I heard it on the radio in my car, I would definitely enjoy listening to it cause it's smooth and has a good vibe. Arrange it properly and I'll be downloading it on my iphone at the next stop light Peace and good luck!
I couldn't have put it any differently. I like it a lot. I agree exactly with the same "good" things and I have the same thoughts about improving the arrangement. Thanks Putney for reading my mind and doing the typing for me.
Old 19th March 2010
Gear Maniac

you can get an internet service to tack on live drums and guitars. (of course I can give a few recommendations ). It would be an increadible song. Also get a good mixer with experience in the genre you are looking for - i am sure there are quite a few around here - and i have a few i know
I think if u want to self produce this song you are looking at 400-450 to record top of the line live musicians and then go to mix.
Old 20th March 2010
Gear Maniac

Having read again what I wrote I must add - creating a great track is one thing - that the hard part is what do you do next... Radio syndicating is expensive and internet marketing is complicated... you need some old fashion luck to get the song out "there"...
Old 20th March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ********* View Post
Can someone from the Ke$ha camp buy this song from me? I'll give them a deal...pass it on.
I really don't think this would even fit Kesha's style.
Old 2nd April 2010
Lives for gear

wow... That song is scary. It has that spooky groove bass to it(my own terms, not trying to be cool). And those flutes... wicked chords... I mean scary. Could use a little reverb though, not exactly sure what kind.
Old 2nd April 2010
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2N1305 View Post
Could use a little reverb though, not exactly sure what kind.
There's no reverb now?
Old 2nd April 2010
Gear Addict

It's a bit like Big Audio Dynamite E =MC squared.

I like it.
Old 5th April 2010
Gear Head

I was just looking at your website...great! I have another hit song from the same era as this one with huge crazy horns. Hopefully I can send this in for a quote very soon! Thanks for replying to this thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorkbrass View Post
Having read again what I wrote I must add - creating a great track is one thing - that the hard part is what do you do next... Radio syndicating is expensive and internet marketing is complicated... you need some old fashion luck to get the song out "there"...
Old 5th April 2010
Gear Nut

This song sucks.
Old 5th April 2010
Gear Head

Wait...do I have a hater?!? I AM good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmixer View Post
This song sucks.
Old 5th April 2010
Gear Head

By style...do you mean auto-tune and big sunglasses? The producer can add all that stuff... You just need to take this song as I have composed it; remove the Pavement and add in lots of Armenian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lago View Post
I really don't think this would even fit Kesha's style.
Old 14th April 2010
Gear Head

this song is awesome. it actually reminds me a bit of lenny kravitz. cool sounds too
Old 14th April 2010
Gear Head

i like it a lot...

i will record drums for it if you'd like, for free. you won't be disappointed

pm me if you'd want me to do that.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search