The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
how would u produce this artist? Special Ef­fects Plugins
Old 27th August 2007
Lives for gear

how would u produce this artist?

I have a job to do - I was hired as a producer / creative add-on to this guy. He sent me a couple of rough sketches - not finished just ideas and he wants me to produce him. We are going to add bass, drums, work on the lyrics etc to the finish songs - the idea is to have a couple of rough sketches that we can work with in the studio - redo everything of course. This is a friend of mine so I feel pretty relaxed but at the same time I don't want to kill the vibe...

Anway - creative ideas are much appreciated. How would you treat this kind of music without making it boring, too nice...

Thanks,

Old 28th August 2007
Gear Nut

Hallo there the second idea gave me something to think about. It´s difficult to come with ideas but actually I liked the way he sounded. maybe a third verse could be added. Its difficult to explain this but I try to. Start the song out straight uinto the 1. verse with drum, bass, guitar and vocal with the vocal intensity being normal "Corus", second verse vocal and guitar only maybe intensity soft, "chorus drums and bass comes in again" 3. verse with drums bass, vocal and guitars intensity stronger ending with instrumental melodi adds then just cut off, The sounds I hear is dry with the snarre not to thin, I would not add to much room to the vocal and guitar almost none as it were the headline because it tells the story, In the ending more melody lines could be added not being to much so it steals the picture, maybe keep it wery singer songwriter but again what is that.
Hope this is of any use.
Anders
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

Thanks man - I will save your ideas. thumbsup
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search