The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
More Mix Madness
Old 20th August 2007
Lives for gear

More Mix Madness

have a listen and lemmy know what you think!

TY
Rob
Attached Files

Street Sweeper.mp3 (4.25 MB, 108 views)

Last edited by 1/2 Normal; 20th August 2007 at 10:31 PM.. Reason: gotta love mp3!!
Old 21st August 2007
Gear Head

Exclamation Good, but...

something is not right with the highend. I would try turning the hihat or overhead mics down a little. The highend from one or both of those is overpowering the guitar and snare. At least this is what I hear on my speakers (computer speakers). Your mixes should sound good on these type of ****ty speakers. Also, I can not hear any bass guitar at all. Is there one on this track? I think you did a good job, and my comments are not meant to insult your skills. I am just trying to tell you what I hear. I hope this helps you out.
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

TY

I was hearing that also after I converted it to mp3 format.

or maybe ive just listened to this track for too long and need to work on something else.

thanks for listening all input will be taken only constructively

TY
Rob
Old 21st August 2007
Gear Nut

Hi there, the well known effect of listening too much to one number
First of all what strikes me besides the trouble with the highends is the missing partnership between the bass and kick. If you listen closely the kick sounds as hitting a pillow wery hard, and the bass could need some recognition. When compressing the bass try add the compression before the eq that tryes to make it more fat sounding. Making them fit together as a couple would carrie the song better. The vocal is ok it just need to be after my taste a bit more in the center, a litle closer. I dislike the sound chosen for the guitar but again its taste which counts there, it sounds as being positionated miles behind the drums which kills the power this genre needs. Working with the compression and eq would heal alot of the issues and I think the number has potential.
Good luck with the Number(s)
A.
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

The vocal sounds decent. The clean guitars aren't terrible either.

That Kick and HH are unforgiveable. The drums in general are waaay off, and the distorted guitars could use quite a bit of work. Sorry man. Don't want to be harsh. Just calling like I hear it.

Readjust your approach to drum compression, EQ and balancing and you'll be much happier!
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

np

Quote:
Originally Posted by FossilTooth View Post
The vocal sounds decent. The clean guitars aren't terrible either.

That Kick and HH are unforgiveable. The drums in general are waaay off, and the distorted guitars could use quite a bit of work. Sorry man. Don't want to be harsh. Just calling like I hear it.

Readjust your approach to drum compression, EQ and balancing and you'll be much happier!
I feel like I had a better drum sound but I've convinced myself to try some new techniques and it just isn't working out.

this is all I ask is brutal honesty
ty
Rob

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search