The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Vocals - Help needed!!! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 17th August 2007
Gear Head

Vocals - Help needed!!!

I recorded a couple of guys yesterday. Both play acoustic guitar and one sings. I hadn't heard them play together before so yesterday was my first time. We got six songs tracked. Not my favorite music, but it was still fun recording.

The vocalist has this nasally thing going on and there are pops on the p's. I used a stedman pop filter and had him stand back, but I still think he got too close because I can hear the pops.

Any suggestions eq wise to get rid of the pops, nasally sound and smooth out the vocals???

Sunset Studios

Here is a link to a sample of two songs for the vocals. The first track you can hear the pops at around 1:08. On another track the pops are a little worst... The second track really features the nasally sound I'm talking about. i would really like to add some autotune as I think he really needs it.

Thanks!!!
Old 17th August 2007
Gear Nut

Try using two pop filters. Put one of the cheaper nylon ones in front of the Stedman.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search