The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
I'd love to get some mixing advice, I think I went to the wrong section before. Mas­ter­ing Plugins
Old 16th August 2007
I'd love to get some mixing advice, I think I went to the wrong section before.

I've always received great advice on these forums, so I wanted to see wassup with some of the mixes I've been doing lately.

First is a new band I'm currently in love with and I'm playing drums.

MySpace.com - Mineo - BOCA RATON, Florida - Soul / Rock / Indie - MySpace.com - Mineo - BOCA RATON, Florida - Soul / Rock / Indie - www.myspace.com/mineomusic

--- With this recording I set up some mics on the kit, and the vocals and some stuff direct all tracked live without a metronome and no overdubs. Give it a listen and tell me wassup. I'm having trouble with bass, there may be too much bass on some systems, and too little bass on others. So it sounds real big and full on a good system and very small and weak on another. Lemme know if you have a similar experience.

The second band, i'm having a little trouble.

MySpace.com - Slim2None - Coral Springs, Florida - Pop Punk / Punk / Rock - MySpace.com - Slim2None - Coral Springs, Florida - Pop Punk / Punk / Rock - www.myspace.com/slim2noneagain

It's a pop punk band, the first two songs, i believe, were tracked to a metronome and all overdubs, the second two songs were tracked live without a metronome. I'm having a lot of trouble with the drums because the drummer isn't too consistent and I'm wondering if there are ways to make it sound better without sounding too fake.

If ya'll wanna know the process and whatnot, just lemme know if u'd like to know.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search