The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Beta Partners for New Website
Old 4th August 2020
Beta Partners for New Website

Greetings, all!
First, moderators, apologies if this is the group to post this in, wherever the forum for requesting feedback on a music-related website...this is where I'd like for this thread to be placed.

Second, so i am about to release the Beta 1.0 version of FreeBeats4All, and i am to the point where i am actively seeking Beta partners. {I know...I know)

But wait...
Here is where is differs
Instead of pimping out users as Quality Analysts, I am seeking your actual feedback on everything specific to the site. ie. I'm not asking asking you to test it, but instead have a peak and then respond to a few simple questions I'll provide. That's it.

Coming from the days of true user-centric software development I have seen the afforded success f engineering what the potential user base needs to solve their problems as opposed with what I personally think is "cool".

What You Can Do
if interested in helping*.
1. Simply access the site and look around. Note things you like don't like/what you feel others will like/struggle with.

Now of course to properly do this you will need to place yourself in an actual users role. By this, perhaps you are not the type who would typically search for beats, this does not mean you cannot place yourself in the mindset as that role. Make sense?

But wait...
It Continues To Differ
First, please understand the one thing this is NOT is any sort of revenue stream for me. Thus it's important to understand why I created this site.
Without going in to the gory details, I have endured tragedy of the likes most could never imagine over the past 12 months. To the point I am confident I am literally dying of a broken heart (it can and does happen, ask your trusted healthcare provider if you doubt this).
To which I'll tell you, you know the ol' "Would you rather burn to death or drown" dichotomy? Throw "or die of a broken heart" in that one. Believe that.

But this is my issue, I only tell you so you have an understanding of why I'm doing this and I have no ulterior motives.

Instead my ultimate reasoning for this site is the following desires:

1. My family, years from now can look back at site and say "My great-great grand-daddy got busy" as hopefully he and/or she will feel what I felt when I made the beat.

2. When all else fails, people in general will know, "Go to Free Beats for All" and they fill find what they need.

I was fortunate to work "in the business" many moons ago, so I understand the concept of having a budget and getting creative to come in under the budget. I firmly believe my stuff is as good as anything out there. If I were to put a $50 minimum per beat, they would be sounding a lot better, I get it. This is in part while I am initially offering free custom beats. So there is no doubt I can deliver anything that anyone else is. The only difference, my sh*t is all free.

Yes, the spark that lit my fire was due to the fact, I would come to find out some of my favorite "beat-makers" a while back where doing nothing more than taking midi-packs and dragging and dropping on their computer. I started wondering why their beats were sounding all the same. I really thought these were some talented cats so when I had that realization, I could only think to myself "Oh hell no" so that is when I up'd my game.

• I note "helping" as that is what you are doing. Remember, I get NOTHING from this. In fact, it will cost me money.
However, I see too many of these guys with their team of "DJ Artists" placing a pretty bow and high price tag around beats that are nothing but drag-n-dropped midi-packs.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HELP: Simply shoot me an email (it should be in my profile...or PM me (I think the kids call it 'DM' now?) Just get at me and we'll make it work. Thanks!
Old 12th August 2020
Gear Addict

Check out that screenshot.

People might think you are a little too much about yourself.
Attached Thumbnails
Beta Partners for New Website-gs-screenshot.jpg  
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear