The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Beat O' Tha Day 8/3/2020 [Branching Out]
Old 4th August 2020
Beat O' Tha Day 8/3/2020 [Branching Out]

I might have mentioned earlier I'm trying to get in to that Ambient music (some). I believe I have the proper gear (specifically, my Model D, Deep Mind 12, and Neutron) sync up to make some pretty interesting sounds. Below is not that.

The reason is that I don't want to be just another cat dropping "Ambient Drone" videos with my Neutron. So definitely trying things "different" from an Ambient perspective...while still keeping the integrity of the genre (that is very important to me).

I don't know if below is what I'd call 'Ambient' but the goal was achieved, so I believe. It's evident I bailed from the 'Ambient' aspect at the 3:33 mark.

That, I wanted to put something to together that one would simply play in the background while they focus on something. By the time the beat was finished, the listener would hopefully be humming the melody/hook. (I actually made this for my son who is in university and want his opinion on this vs that whack LoFi he listens to when studying).

Anyway....I'll get there with the Ambient music. I don't know what the answer is if there is one...I just want it to be different and have a little something to it.

📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear