The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Techno Wars
Old 28th July 2020
Techno Wars

At my last gig, I got in to a little zone where I started playing "cutlural" Techno. That being, Techno--without a doubt--exploded worldwide--and to be honest it freaked freaked me out, man.

Seriously, it was a BEAUTIFUL thing. Couple this with the fact I was blessed to be travelling during this time, and well...I have an appreciation for the different sty;es of Techno I;ve seen up close and in person.

So (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER) we will start with the UK. The UK was VERY strong in the "EDM" world but seemed to always be a step behind Bavaria and the US when it came to Techno. This is okay, because during this time they were CRACKING with other genres (Garage, Drum-n-Bass, etc) yet still hed their own on the Techni front.

UK Techno is dark without sounding dark. Lots of ghoulish one-shots, F# arps,slower tempo, etc. I personally love the UK Techno, but from what I remember it never took off like I felt it should have.

UP NEXT:

OLD SCHOOL JAPANESE TECHNO.

For now, enjoy the mysterious/haunting sounds of Soho circa 1992
Old 28th July 2020
Okay, PP...

Here we go with some Japanese Techno. I'll tell you, they obviously like it in Japan when someone represents their Techno like this, as on SoundCloud I got a surge of "plays" from various cities in Japan. Pretty cool.

UP NEXT:
That Germany

I hope wherever you are, you enjoy this one. (At least I'm not calling it 'J-Tech') :-)

Old 29th July 2020
Okay, party people so in thinking about this (and talking to some other folks on 'beat making' platforms), I'm "doing the right thing" an proactively ensure my Techno Wars 2020 is not the spark that will ignite WWIII. In other words, it's not a REAL war people. so everyone just settle down. Please.

Look it....I have a bracket. I've seeded eight cultural sub-genres, based on my personal preference.German techno is the top seed, and Japanese techno is the bottom seed.

So (assuming I can create polls on here), we have a little fun and see what people like. The winner advances, the loser is never to be played by me again (until the tourney is over, anyway.

Example, I'll serve up the German techno tomorrow and we can vote on which beat we like better between the two. If Japanese Techno wins, I'l make another Japanese Techno beat to go head up against the winner of Low Countries/Russia......etc. Maybe only one or two people will play, but eff ii. Those people will instantly become part of the Kewl Klub (like myself) so we run this anyway. :-) Or maybe it will be fun. It's going down either way.

UP NEXT

GERMANY VS JAPAN

FINALLY...while I know I don't have to say this...I will (just to appease the brass on here):
This is for entertainment purposes only. No wagering, please.
Attached Thumbnails
Techno Wars-techno-wars.png  

Last edited by CHECKaBitchBeats; 29th July 2020 at 06:21 AM.. Reason: Added an important note re: gambling
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear