The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Beat O Tha Day 7/27/2020
Old 28th July 2020
Beat O Tha Day 7/27/2020

I was asked on that Podcast last night what is my favorite genre to play...right now.

It's actually a good question as I'd not thought much of it...but after bring put on the spo..thus giving the question its due dilligence: it's a tie (kind of).

I get the most satisfaction out of playing Dub. I imagine it's due to the fact it's perhaps the only genre I play where, as a youth, I admired the old heads who were truly putting it down with Dub. I never imagined I could play it...but I'm actually getting to the point I'm not an embarrassment. (See here for examples).

As for the one I have the most fun...it's actually that Moombahton. "It's Dub 2.0" is how it was explained to me. You know...it kind of is.

Moombah is new to me. It''s a genre I know little about, other than it can actually go hard when played right, and I freaking LOVE it.

📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear