The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Custom Glitch
Old 25th July 2020
Custom Glitch

So I had two requests for custom beats (which are #AllFreeAllTheTime , BTW), the first was a "Long, Dark and Psychotic LoFi' beat"....which I cranked out easily (see below). but the second one has got me scratching my head
"Funky Glitch"...that is the only description I have to go by. I've got the funk part down no problem, but I've never real had my pulse on Glitch music I actually spent a little time researching some beats today, and it seems this is more of a style then a genre? Perhaps any Glitch experts can confirm?

I guess one intent is to have faults in the beat? If so. I think the only way I can do this right is to have true faults...not fabricated ones. As an example, with the LoFi,...I don't take midi-data and put it through some pink noise maker, then set the flux capacitor to descrease the thingamajig, etc. etc. I just make kor find actual low fidelity sounds (dark ones in this case) and play them.

So with the glitch, I guess I'll just be real reckless and hope I can naturally screw up? Ha ha. Okay, I'll post up what I come up with once complete. Any quick tips, hit me up as I'm about to get crackin on it. Thx!

Old 25th July 2020
Funked Out Glitch

Here ya go. I let it be what it be (natural mistakes). More funk than "glitch", but I'm gonna err toward funk over crap any day of the week.

📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear