The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
For the You Ambient Artists
Old 24th July 2020
For You Ambient Artists

So first, I am a huge fan of Drone-like, in an Ambient structure. "Ambient" music is a genre I've studied for about a year now. I'm going to have to explain it kike this. What is missing from many of these "Drone - Behringer Nuerton` beats are real, HUMAN swang ('Swing').

Meaning, the sounds are there, but they aren't really doing much. What if we were to take those sounds and make them do something we can all be proud of?

I have no idea what genre that would be called (if it exists) but this is what we are gonna do.

So I started tonight, and came up with his hybrid, House/Future Garage/Vapour/Expiremtnal vibe from the beat. Hell, let's call it:

"AMBIENT FUSION"...or "ALBUM EDM".
"Crap"?
Anyone?
Anyone?
Thoughts?

Either way, I have some disturbingly deep, dark vibes coming in the form of Ambient music. Real dark. Real deep.. Real disturbing. I didn't want to have to do this, but.....

Below is the birth of this genre (as I was messing around and came up with it)
Old 7th August 2020
Quick/exciting update..

So as a painter who paints his first; stroke, or a writer who completes his first sentence....this is the beginning of something special so I believe.

I now have a foggy vision of what I'm wanting to accomplish within this genre.

Old 13th August 2020
Here we go, artistic party-people.

This is the first one could actually "FEEL" and that is always a big step in my experience. Definitely getting closer.

I'm still at caveman level when it comes to Ambient music, but I have a certain style I have in my head (be it quite foggy).Still, I think by end of August I'll have somehow translated this sound in the form of an Ambient song.

For now just enjoying the initiative

Old 4 weeks ago
Okay, here we go with my latest. You know...while I'm new and not very astute with 'Ambient" music, I do feel I possess an innate knack for capturing ''cinematic' sounds. Even in the early 90's when I was rocking c clubs I would always include some type of Epic/Dramatic Trance or Techno beat.

So with that, I decided to add some cinematic flair to an ambient beat (as I learn and search for the sound in my sub-concious).
My thoughts? While I like it, I made it too cinematic. So I think the answer is somewhere between my 'Black Magic' and 'Pistol 4 Pistol' beats. I have a beat 1/4 complete stored on my JDX-1 which includes mainly the X-1, the X-A, Model D, Analogue IV, abd next I'll leverage that Deep Mind 12.

Old 4 weeks ago
Okay good, strong people. I believe I reached another milestone in that I can put the sound I have for ambient music in waveform format now.

First, I really accomplished by thinking in terms of a 'type' beat. In that once I articulated the sound, I was able to determine what influenced me and it would be a band that was from my youth. In fact they were what we'd go see locally before we even had a scene here. You see the name, don't let it full you....these cats were musicians.

From an Ambience standpoint, I'm unsure what 'sub-genre' this would be considered (or is this unique?). Regardless I have much to build on.

[NOTE: I realize the mixing sucks] Now that I have a concrete beat defined, I'll get the sound/effects fine tuned next.
Old 4 weeks ago
I just happened to be standing next to an 808 and a Deepmind 12 so......we did that.

(I Can't Express Enough the Need for Headphones for this One)

And so I inch closer....real curious what you guys thing. I personally love it, and the key here is I'm trying to do something different. I have no interest in creating Tangerine Dream (as beautiful as it is) as mine would be just another one. So instead, I try to be progressive where I can.
Old 2 weeks ago
Okay gents (and of course any ladies out there holding it down), I spent part of the weekend checking out many Ambient beats that some of ya'll have made. All I can say is WOW. Very impressive. In all candor the type of sounds that pulled me in this direction.

On the downside, everything stared to sound the same after a bit. I don't know if it's due to my untrained ear, or perhaps that's just the genre and I was listening to purists...or what. This is why I'm searching for something different. Honestly, I'd like to take the sounds I've heard and then implement them in to the "patterns" that I have envisioned.

Below is what view as "Deep Ambiance" (at least in my novice world to this it is).

Additionally, you can listen here for a perfect draft of what this soiund that keeps peeping out the from my subcontinent to my conscious being, and then scurries back, is about.

It's even my little Beat of the Day. ;-) See it here.
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
๐Ÿ–จ๏ธ Show Printable Version
โœ‰๏ธ Email this Page
๐Ÿ” Search thread
๐ŸŽ™๏ธ View mentioned gear