The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Beat O Tha Day 7/22/2020 (MOST special one for me)
Old 23rd July 2020
Thumbs up Beat O Tha Day 7/22/2020 (MOST special one for me)

So yesterday would have been my wife's 46th birthday. It was the first time we did jot spend it together (in person) since she was 18.

Saturday was our anniversary so I've been extra wrecked all week. Without going on to details my wife was once a public figure, and everyone who knows her---everyone--will agree with what I'm going to tell you. In all my years on this planet, I have not known or even heard of a more well loved person than she was. Trust me on this. When people would find out she's my wife they would say "Oh wow. She is my favorite person in this world" etc. I used to laugh when people would tell me about her as I'm thinking "Yeah, I know. Why do you think I married her?" But I get it.

Anyway. her passing affected a LOT of people, but it wrecked me. I died with her. This I have accepted.

So, i wanted to create a special bat for her on her birthday, but I struggled. She used to love it when i played for her back in the day. In fact i met her as i DJ'd at a club her dad owner..I still think this is how I got lucky enough to snatch her.

So I had been pondering this 'birthday beat for a few weeks"....I had lots i "synthwave" and RnB patches set up (as those were her genres) but could not come up with anything "worthy".

Just as i was about to give up), something happened (of which I will keep private) , but the best description I can give you... it was beyond inspirational.

It was almost like a i was being directed by outside forces to create this beat as i suddenly knew EXACTLY what to do...and it was all due to what I experienced yesterday. So....than 10 minutes later, we have one of the (i feel) most beautiful pop beats i have ever heard, let alone played. I'm sure she would love it too, and that is what's important to me. I'm just glad I got it out and it all came together to create something beautiful IMO. It's not even a genre I like, but I know something beautiful when hear it.

So...that is your context around today's BOD. I hope you enjoy.

📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear