The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
the better mix/master?
Old 13th February 2020
the better mix/master?

hey i got this track mastered by 2 different engineers. "1" is mixed little more bass heavy than "2". what you feel, which is the better version?
Attached Files

1.mp3 (12.48 MB, 188 views)

2.mp3 (12.48 MB, 185 views)

Old 14th February 2020
Gear Maniac

Hey cool tune, reminds me of Carbon Based Lifeforms, who I'm a big fan of.

I definitely think mix 2 is the better of the two. The low energy always seems desirable, but it always ends being too much. The separation of musical elements on the second mix helps to translate into a much more musical soundscape, which is what this style of music needs. And there is still PLENTY of low end in the second mix.

Keep up the good work!
Old 14th February 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo Desktop View Post
Hey cool tune, reminds me of Carbon Based Lifeforms, who I'm a big fan of.

I definitely think mix 2 is the better of the two. The low energy always seems desirable, but it always ends being too much. The separation of musical elements on the second mix helps to translate into a much more musical soundscape, which is what this style of music needs. And there is still PLENTY of low end in the second mix.

Keep up the good work!
thanks so much! mix 2 it is
think "1" came out like that cause my monitoring is lacking low end, working on improving that, imma try replace with that new remaster wherever i can, cheers
Old 14th February 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
hey i got this track mastered by 2 different engineers. "1" is mixed little more bass heavy than "2". what you feel, which is the better version?
Which one you like? That one is the best.
To me the production is between 80 and 90% of the job. The rest are mixing.
Mastering -1% or nothing
Don't waste your time with mastering.
Old 19th February 2020
Of the two, I think that #2 is the better one. It's still not as clear, in terms of clarity and vibe, as I think it could be, though. The level is good, conservative. I think that you could get a couple more dB out of it without losing any detail.

I downloaded your mp3 files and listened in my studio... played around with it for about 20 minutes to see if I could bring out what I wanted to hear in it. If you'd like to hear what I did, I'll post it here.
Old 21st February 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by nverxion View Post
Of the two, I think that #2 is the better one. It's still not as clear, in terms of clarity and vibe, as I think it could be, though. The level is good, conservative. I think that you could get a couple more dB out of it without losing any detail.

I downloaded your mp3 files and listened in my studio... played around with it for about 20 minutes to see if I could bring out what I wanted to hear in it. If you'd like to hear what I did, I'll post it here.
pm'd

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search