The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Vocal Tuning Help
Old 13th February 2020
Here for the gear

Vocal Tuning Help

Hey so I am new to engineering and I am trying to get better at it. However I feel like im just shooting blindly right now. So I have mixed a track and people have said that the vocals are out of tune. However some people have said it is in tune. I just want the vocals to sound good, can anybody help me out here. I have used waves tune and waves real time on the vocals in the key of A minor. So if they are out of tune can anybody help me on how to fix them? Here is the track I am referring to. I've been going in circles it feels like and havent been able to create like I want two because it feels like one step forward and two steps back. Please help, Thanks!

https://soundcloud.com/pippotchi/bla...tuning/s-PPjpT
Old 13th February 2020
Here for the gear

You have to turn the retune speed up to get that autotune effect to work. slower speeds gives a more natural sound and harder speeds make the pitch correction work harder and sounds more like tpain,travis scott, lil uzi, Nav etc. Your vocals sound natural and it doesn't sound too bad. One thing autotune can't do for you is magically make you a great singer you got to actually be close to the note make it work. You also have to set it in the right key and right TUNING. Sometimes beats are not always in 440hz, they can be in 432, 449, etc so the pitch correction won't work. You will need something like Autokey to find that out so even though the beat is in A Minor you also need to find the tuning of it. so Basically set the key and tuning, set the retune speed to 0.1 and the note transition to 0.1 and also your voice type (Bass, Baritone, Alto, Soprano) in waves tunes , I find generic works good with wavestune. record with it on and monitor it to hear how you are sounding. Effects like reverb and EQing the right frequencies can also help your timbre.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search