The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Advice on mix
Old 10th February 2020
Gear Head
Advice on mix

Working on another song and using the same template I used on the song below. Looking for suggestions on where I can make some improvements. Thanks!

Quote:
jealous- labrinth (cover) - YouTube

hope you like this cover of one of my favorite songs, love yall
Old 12th February 2020
Lives for gear
Very nice piano sound, and vocal sound. What feedback are you looking for?
Old 12th February 2020
Gear Head

Sounds very good!
Old 14th February 2020
Gear Maniac

You have a beautiful voice, the only thing I would suggest is to handle the sibilance. For me it's distracting, some may disagree, but when you find the right mic/preamp for a vocal it can be quite powerful. Every little breath, mouth sound, becomes a nuance.

Sometimes the sibilance simply arises from too much EQ and compression that is a result of trying to achieve that modern vocal sound. Regardless, your talent still shines on this performance.
Old 14th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcahoon View Post
Working on another song and using the same template I used on the song below. Looking for suggestions on where I can make some improvements. Thanks!

Beautifully recorded and a fantastic vocal performance. Like @ Theo Desktop there is a little too much sibilance - although after repeated listenings I'm not sure if it's fits the track or not.

I would try to edit or smooth the hotspots over.
Old 14th February 2020
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo Desktop View Post
You have a beautiful voice, the only thing I would suggest is to handle the sibilance. For me it's distracting, some may disagree, but when you find the right mic/preamp for a vocal it can be quite powerful. Every little breath, mouth sound, becomes a nuance.

Sometimes the sibilance simply arises from too much EQ and compression that is a result of trying to achieve that modern vocal sound. Regardless, your talent still shines on this performance.
Thanks for the advice and I’ll see if I can reduce sibilance somehow. It would be cool to try out different mics/preamps to compare at some point.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search