The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Instrumental rock mix
Old 30th January 2020
Lives for gear

Instrumental rock mix

Hello guys,

Ive mixed an instrumental rock album for a friend of mine and here is one of the songs. He was satisfied, but I would like to hear more thoughts:

https://robertsakic.bandcamp.com/tra...rgotten-heroes

Thank you!
Old 1st February 2020
Lives for gear

Anyone? :(
Old 4th February 2020
Lives for gear

Old 14th February 2020
Gear Maniac

My favorite part of the mix is the distorted/lead guitars, nice tone, and the overall dynamics, doesn't sound overly compressed.

Personally I'm not crazy about how the bass guitar, synth pad, and clean guitar are working together. It's creating some murkiness in the low end. If it were my mix I would want the synth pad and clean guitar to have more separation with panning and EQ and let the bass fill the center.

Sounds good overall!
Old 14th February 2020
Lives for gear
Sounds like an 80's Tv show theme. I like those.

Old 14th February 2020
Lives for gear

Thank you guys for the comments! Anyone else?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
As far as chord changes, melodies, etc. its very good, i like alot of the ideas.
Things are recorded well.

Mixing wise, its pretty damn good. The distorted rhythm guitar is to loud and competing with the solo.
The snare/side stick seems disproportionately loud vs the rest of the kit which leads me to the big
issue with this song.
You can get away with drum samples, but you really really need to get a real drummer. There are great
drummers online who play trigger kits that would bring this song to life BIG time. Or better yet, a real kit if you're up for
more mixing duties. Its not that expensive and SOOO worth it. Thats the missing link in this song. The guitar solo is seriously good. With some wicked tasteful drumming that interacts with what you're playing, would absolutely take it up several notches in vibe and quality.

PS i hope you dont feel like i'm downing your drum programming. I think you did a very good job.
But something tells me you dedicate most of your time to playing guitar.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search