The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
New Indie Rock release from Three Layers of Me
Old 10th December 2019
Talking New Indie Rock release from Three Layers of Me

Hi guys,

I completed a new Indie Rock mix called "The Void", from Three Layers of Me. This song features female vocalist named Igna. Listen free here: https://choon.co/tracks/0ck8bbt2jop/the-void/

Plenty of UAD plugs all over this mix. I made a lot of use of the Ampex ATR 102 on the vocals to give it a double tracked feel. This mix is intentionally a bit Indie/low fi, so I am breaking a lot of rules on purpose. Thanks for listening

Chuck Cote
Old 10th December 2019
Not bad, is the bass a keyboard?
Good arangement, id go a tad lighter with the vocal double or short delay effect, bit to chorused. Final female vocal jumps out to much. Great drums. Track is a cross between She Wants Revenge and Petshop Boys.
Old 10th December 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronsmith View Post
Not bad, is the bass a keyboard?
Good arangement, id go a tad lighter with the vocal double or short delay effect, bit to chorused. Final female vocal jumps out to much. Great drums. Track is a cross between She Wants Revenge and Petshop Boys.
Cool, thanks for listening, and thanks for the feedback. The bass is a Fender P bass tracked through a UAD unison 1073 pre. During mixing, I put the DI through the UAD distressor plug, and sent some to an aux with a bass amp sim.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search