The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Please critique this mix! (Rock)
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Please critique this mix! (Rock)

Deleting thread

Last edited by TCW; 3 weeks ago at 12:54 AM..
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Vocals poke out is a wierd way in the chorus'. I think i sense some pumping in the whole mix due
to low mids in the vocal in the chorus.

Drum programming could be better. Not enough time to point out every little thing, but some things
that jumped out was hihat and snare hitting together in a two handed hi hat pattern in the verses.
Maybe just cuz i play drums a bit, it sounds odd to my ear. Not enough changeup in the verse pattern.
Random rolls and crash symbols that seem like too much. You dont need all those crash cymbal
with the snare hits in the verses. I would try to impart similar energy with another instrument.
The drums in the chorus dont seem to have the extra energy needed, i think partially due to
the pattern being kinda stiff/quantized, and the hi hat being a sort of middle of the road mid open hat,
pretty much straight quarter notes with no changeup. Again to many crash cymbals. Rolls where you dont need them.
I think reign back the drum parts overall. I actually think this song could have worked really well with a purposely synthetic
sounding drum vibe. Anyway, cool song. Love to hear it once its mastered.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search