The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Logic Pro X Software Inst. only Orchestral - Advice/Critique
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Logic Pro X Software Inst. only Orchestral - Advice/Critique

Been working with the built in Studio Strings and oboe for an arrangement of Gabriel's Oboe (from the motion picture The Mission).

I've got it the best I can, so now I need brutal critique from anyone who knows more about mixing and orchestral arrangements than me (so, almost anyone).

Currently I don't like the vibrato on the oboe; it's too constant. I like the sound of the Oboe Solo Legato on the EXS24 for what I'm doing, but while I can't seem to modify the vibrato or tie it to any type of controller, so it just keeps on at its constant pace. The other oboe sounds in EXS24 seem way too reedy to me - not sure why the legato one sounds fuller, but it does.

Anyway, all feedback is appreciated!

UPDATE: I see 82 views, but no comments? Please at least leave a quick first-thoughts, if not an in-depth critique. I'm trying to learn arranging orchestral music, and learning logic pro as well, so I'm a real newbie all around. All replies are valued.
Attached Files

Gabriel's Oboe.mp3 (2.25 MB, 111 views)

Last edited by TadGhostal; 4 weeks ago at 12:36 PM.. Reason: Looking for feedback
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

No comments? Is it that bad? I am a beginner, so if it's really bad, what is the first, most basic thing I need to do to get better?

TIA

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search