The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
New "Americana Rock/Pop" Single, any last comments before I release?
Old 2nd September 2019
Lives for gear
New "Americana Rock/Pop" Single, any last comments before I release?

Hey all!

I've been working on a new song, and am ready to release. I've played all the instruments, sang, produced, recorded, mixed and mastered...and I just want to see what someone else thinks before I release this into the world. Any thoughts on the mix/master?

A bit about me and the song, very quickly 1 year ago, I quit my full time job, and my new wife and I hit the road full time to travel and play music. She has been booking all my shows all over the country, and we've hit about 25 states in 11 months playing almost 200 shows. Currently on a Northeast tour, I'm in a hotel in New Jersey right now trying to finish this thing up.

This song is about our last 3 month tour stretch out west earlier this summer...specifically Montana and the first time I drove through that beautiful state. It should be fun, exciting and kinda "live" sounding. I want it fun and rockin!

Any comments/concerns welcome. I'm not looking for nitpicking...just anything that really stands out as distracting or off sounding...I need a fresh perspective. Looking to start the digital distribution process this week.

Thanks!
Attached Files
Old 2nd September 2019
This is awesome! I am not even really into that kind of music and it had me, catchy song.
Old 2nd September 2019
Lives for gear
Thanks for listening, glad you enjoyed it! I’m excited to get it out there
Old 15th September 2019
Sounds great! I just came across this today and it really strikes a chord... I'm in Australia, but my wife and I just spent a month in the US, where we travelled over 5300 miles from LA to Phoenix, then up through Utah, Montana, Idaho, Washington State, and into Canada, then back down the coast to LA again. We LOVED Montana so much and had such a great time there. Your song really captures that feeling. Top job!
Old 15th September 2019
Lives for gear
Sounds great! Excellent job.
Old 15th September 2019
Gear Head

Great song and amazing job on mixing
Release that sucker!
Link to band?
Old 23rd September 2019
Lives for gear
Thanks everyone!

Released and out in the world now! The artist is me, haha. Links below.

Thanks again, glad you all are digging it.

www.sethbrand.com

https://song.link/i/1479757070
Old 5th October 2019
Gear Head

You sucked me in and made me instantly like the song, so who f***ing cares about whether or not you should add more cilantro or subtract some blue from the hubcaps in the chorus.

I'm in.

Keith
Old 6th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDB_12 View Post
Hey all!

I've been working on a new song, and am ready to release. I've played all the instruments, sang, produced, recorded, mixed and mastered...and I just want to see what someone else thinks before I release this into the world. Any thoughts on the mix/master?

A bit about me and the song, very quickly 1 year ago, I quit my full time job, and my new wife and I hit the road full time to travel and play music. She has been booking all my shows all over the country, and we've hit about 25 states in 11 months playing almost 200 shows. Currently on a Northeast tour, I'm in a hotel in New Jersey right now trying to finish this thing up.

This song is about our last 3 month tour stretch out west earlier this summer...specifically Montana and the first time I drove through that beautiful state. It should be fun, exciting and kinda "live" sounding. I want it fun and rockin!

Any comments/concerns welcome. I'm not looking for nitpicking...just anything that really stands out as distracting or off sounding...I need a fresh perspective. Looking to start the digital distribution process this week.

Thanks!
Great job, man

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search