The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Which beat is better?
Old 27th May 2019
Gear Head

Which beat is better?

Hi,

I would like to get your feedback on which one you like more.
Thanks in advance.
Attached Files

Beat 1.mp3 (8.65 MB, 252 views)

Beat 2.mp3 (6.93 MB, 190 views)

Old 31st May 2019
Gear Head

It would be great, if someone could reply.
Old 31st May 2019
Gear Head

1 is more interesting. The intros didn't capture my attention long enough to get to the hook. Maybe a ten second intro max. And the pacing is kind of slow, feels like trudging through mud. Keeep Going!

ps. There should be some padding in the beginning, a half second gap before the song starts.
Old 31st May 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotWorms View Post
1 is more interesting. The intros didn't capture my attention long enough to get to the hook. Maybe a ten second intro max. And the pacing is kind of slow, feels like trudging through mud. Keeep Going!

ps. There should be some padding in the beginning, a half second gap before the song starts.
Thanks, what about the "drop" section?
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

My vote for the first as well.

While I dig the writing and the intro of the second, the sound(stage) is somewhat weaker: Take the bass: When there is this small upwards pitchbending the bass sounds tiny, not like something big breaking through the surface and dropping back but it's more like something that is there, at the same space just becoming weaker, smaller.

I feel like you could use some more contrast to create some depth. Maybe try to rework your space: There is this hall reverb in the back but that's about it.
Also, some more distortion on the bass?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robocopchris View Post
My vote for the first as well.

While I dig the writing and the intro of the second, the sound(stage) is somewhat weaker: Take the bass: When there is this small upwards pitchbending the bass sounds tiny, not like something big breaking through the surface and dropping back but it's more like something that is there, at the same space just becoming weaker, smaller.

I feel like you could use some more contrast to create some depth. Maybe try to rework your space: There is this hall reverb in the back but that's about it.
Also, some more distortion on the bass?
It seems like I have already seen you here. What a coincidence.
Anyway, thank you.

Best of luck,

Underscore Dot Underscore
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Beat 1
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by creedchub View Post
Beat 1
Thank you.

Best wishes,

Underscore Dot Underscore
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Beat 1 is clean, beat 2 percussion is killing it. Both very different and hard to say which one is better than the other because they both have things the other doesn’t, and unfortunately those differences don’t qualify either or as being better than the other. I think they both fall into same category. I think u have what it takes to start something new, and not continue to ride a wave of production thats starting to crash into the shore.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by locnus View Post
Beat 1 is clean, beat 2 percussion is killing it. Both very different and hard to say which one is better than the other because they both have things the other doesn’t, and unfortunately those differences don’t qualify either or as being better than the other. I think they both fall into same category. I think u have what it takes to start something new, and not continue to ride a wave of production thats starting to crash into the shore.
"Clean" is almost never pejorative. But... Do you mean "killing it" in a good way (like "killer price"), or a bad way (like it is killing the vibe)?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search