The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Multitrack Available for Mixing / Mastering Audio Interfaces
Old 2 weeks ago
  #1
Multitrack Available for Mixing / Mastering

I posted about completing my album here:
Finally! Finished my Album!

Now here is a link to the multitrack files as well as the main processed main stems for first track "Bitter", available for mixing or mastering:
Mixing Secrets For The Small Studio (Cambridge Music Technology)

Here is the preview mix: Bitter | FytaKyte


Last edited by fHumble fHingaz; 2 weeks ago at 04:27 AM..
Old 2 weeks ago
  #2
Gear Nut
 
leary's Avatar
 

very nice! tell us a bit about the recordings, mics etc... would love to hear!

my mix:
Attached Files

bitterlearymix1.mp3 (8.37 MB, 541 views)


Last edited by leary; 2 weeks ago at 08:29 PM..
Old 2 weeks ago
  #3
Quote:
my mix:
Hey leary - I'm enjoying your mix - I really love the impact you created in the way the chorus hits. There is a nice sense of space around the vocals and a really punchy, compact drum sound. Maybe the snare pokes through a little too much in the verses, but I like where it sits in the choruses. The bass is a little low in the mix for my taste. It gets a little lost on smaller speakers - perhaps some more low-mid presence in the bass might improve that?

Quote:
tell us a bit about the recordings, mics etc... would love to hear!
Nothing special, I'm afraid... all fairly standard home studio stuff. Steinberg MR816CSX interface using built in pres. Main vocal mic is an MXL V69ME. Other mics used were mainly SM57s and Audio Technica AT2020s. I have a few nice instruments - 95 Fender Lonestar Strat, Duesenberg Starplayer TV, Martin acoustic. All the parts were recorded, played and sung by myself except the drums, which were played by a friend.

Thanks for sharing your mix!
Old 2 weeks ago
  #4
Great track!

Here is a quick stem mix @ -12 LUFS:
Attached Files

Bitter Stem Mix.mp3 (8.45 MB, 488 views)

Old 2 weeks ago
  #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Morrison View Post
Great track!

Here is a quick stem mix @ -12 LUFS:
Very nice! Sounds like you brought up the backgrounds a bit and tweaked the levels here and there... am I hearing a bit of bass eq, some top end on some of the elements, and some widening as well?

In any case, good stuff!
Old 2 weeks ago
  #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fHumble fHingaz View Post
Very nice! Sounds like you brought up the backgrounds a bit and tweaked the levels here and there... am I hearing a bit of bass eq, some top end on some of the elements, and some widening as well?
Hello Andrew,

Your analysis is very accurate!

The stems are wonderfully engineered - I applied very little processing.

I see that you are in Brisbane - I used to live in Auchenflower!

Anyway, a pleasure to work on one of your tracks.

Regards,

Simon
Old 2 weeks ago
  #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Morrison View Post
Hello Andrew,

Your analysis is very accurate!

The stems are wonderfully engineered - I applied very little processing.



Regards,

Simon
Hey Simon... Good to know I'm hearing things right. I really dig what you did BTW - My ME worked from my stereo mix, so it was interesting to compare a stem master...

Quote:
I see that you are in Brisbane - I used to live in Auchenflower!

Anyway, a pleasure to work on one of your tracks
.

...Wow - Cool! What a small world it is! I too lived in Auchenflower - from 1997 to 2001 - moved around while we were there, but we lived in Ridley St and Payne St. We've migrated across the Walter Taylor bridge now, and reside in Chelmer presently.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #8
Gear Head
 

Hey. here is my mix.
Attached Files

Bitter FytaKyte Alex mix.mp3 (8.37 MB, 366 views)

Old 1 week ago
  #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by creedchub View Post
Hey. here is my mix.
Hey creedchub - Lovely mix! Tasteful, full-sounding, wide and punchy! It has everything I like and nothing I don't... Very nice - Thanks for mixing my track & posting!
Old 1 week ago
  #10
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fHumble fHingaz View Post
Hey creedchub - Lovely mix! Tasteful, full-sounding, wide and punchy! It has everything I like and nothing I don't... Very nice - Thanks for mixing my track & posting!
Thank you!
Old 4 days ago
  #11
Gear Nut
 

hello

my attempt

thanks for nice song!
Attached Files
Old 4 days ago
  #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by neurodrive View Post
hello

my attempt

thanks for nice song!
Hey Neurodrive - You've come up with a really individual-sounding version - a very energetic mix - it has lots of rock'n'roll attitude, which is cool...

The balances are all good, and for the most part I like the tones. The drums sound very different, particularly the snare - did you replace it with a sample? It's not to my personal taste, but it seems to suit the general vibe you were going for.

Overall though, it feels very saturated and compressed. I have nothing against either as processing choices, it's just here I think it may be "flattening" out the depth-perspective of the mix. Everything seems to sit in the one plane. I think if you maybe eased off the compression on some elements, it might provide more front-to-back depth in the soundstage.

Thanks for sharing your mix!
Old 3 days ago
  #13
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fHumble fHingaz View Post
Hey Neurodrive - You've come up with a really individual-sounding version - a very energetic mix - it has lots of rock'n'roll attitude, which is cool...

The balances are all good, and for the most part I like the tones. The drums sound very different, particularly the snare - did you replace it with a sample? It's not to my personal taste, but it seems to suit the general vibe you were going for.

Overall though, it feels very saturated and compressed. I have nothing against either as processing choices, it's just here I think it may be "flattening" out the depth-perspective of the mix. Everything seems to sit in the one plane. I think if you maybe eased off the compression on some elements, it might provide more front-to-back depth in the soundstage.

Thanks for sharing your mix!
hola fHumble fHingaz

about the snare - is original, from source, just, tone shaped.
as and almost all drums too.
I share your thoughts(sat/comp) in part and all this takes place.
thank you for your thoughts and complete review on the mix.

also like you original mix - well balanced, pretty lively, good dimension, and drive.

maybe one more track from your album for mixing? hehe
Old 3 days ago
  #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by neurodrive View Post
hola fHumble fHingaz
thank you for your thoughts and complete review on the mix.
No problem, you're welcome

Quote:
also like you original mix - well balanced, pretty lively, good dimension, and drive.
Thanks!

Quote:
maybe one more track from your album for mixing? hehe
Yes, there is definitely more to come - watch this space!
Top Mentioned Products
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
Sniperschool / What is the meaning of...
0
inviernoche / Newbie audio engineering + production question zone
2
Norman Lindsey / So much gear, so little time
46
mosrite / Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording
5

Forum Jump
Forum Jump