The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
I'd like suggestions how to improve the mix on this song Plugin Bundles
Old 23rd March 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwtzzz View Post
lol. usually when someone says something like this, they inwardly feel the opposite.

but I'm an accomodating guy, if you wanna contribute a killer synth lead so you can show how good you can make the song, I welcome it.

fyi, you're not in court. it's arrangement, not "arraignment". you'll get that ankle bracelet off someday, be patient.
probably Spell Check in the Culprit on most Speiling Erorrs thes days !! ha ...

ooh, can i do a Lead Synth Part !!! and love the singers voice as well !! Dreamy - like a Mannequin Staring out above a Crowd ... Only the Lips Moving !! one of those girls that could walk through a crowd of poeple and she would never touch any of them .. they would part as she slids by them .. the ghost of a Soul touching your skin, like a warm breeze on a humid summer evening ...

wow .. thank you Mary Jane for that vision of Lovely NesS !!!
Old 23rd March 2019
Gear Guru

also: the other songs on your Soundcloud are interesting arrangements .. you have some synth parts like followiing leads in one of the tunes .. and each of the singers are good .. !!
Old 26th March 2019
Gear Head
Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. The main thing I learned from this and from a thread in the Cakewalk forum was that audio mixing is an art in itself, there's a lot of pieces to it, and it's not something that can be learned overnight, it requires practice and experience. I also learned a few general principles about the use of reverb, placement of instruments in the stereo and front-back fields, compression and mastering. Someday I'd like to delve more into this.

But for now I had those songs mastered by other people who knew what they were doing. There were a couple people from gearslutz who contacted me and offered to do some mixing and did a nice job: Lestat Chen and JoelTheSuperior. I'd like to thank them for reaching out.
Old 27th March 2019
Gear Head
Question for you all: I've had a couple people PM me offering to mix a couple of my songs and requesting stems. Pleasant and communicative up to the point where I gave them the stems, then not a peep after that. I'm trying to figure out what their motives are.
Use the music, pass it off as their own, I guess? I don't really see what they gain from this. The songs are available for free download. I don't mind people using it. I'd prefer if they credit me on it, but I guess I'm pleased that they like it enough to want to use it?
I'm just trying to understand what their motives are.
Old 27th March 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Question for you all: I've had a couple people PM me offering to mix a couple of my songs and requesting stems. Pleasant and communicative up to the point where I gave them the stems, then not a peep after that. I'm trying to figure out what their motives are.
Use the music, pass it off as their own, I guess? I don't really see what they gain from this. The songs are available for free download. I don't mind people using it. I'd prefer if they credit me on it, but I guess I'm pleased that they like it enough to want to use it?
I'm just trying to understand what their motives are.
weird...
Old 27th March 2019
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioloud View Post
weird...
It's bizarre. I had a third person contact me this morning with the same request. It doesn't make any sense to me.
Old 29th March 2019
Quote:
It's bizarre. I had a third person contact me this morning with the same request. It doesn't make any sense to me.
Perhaps they intended to put together an amazing mix, and then struggled with it for the reasons you stated earlier (Mixing is an Art, it's not always easy)?

Perhaps they got busy and just haven't completed the mix yet?

Maybe they got bored and decided not to finish? It could be a million things... I wouldn't assume theft.
Old 29th March 2019
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzero View Post
Maybe they got bored and decided not to finish? It could be a million things... I wouldn't assume theft.
Probably. I don't care about the theft (if that's what it is, which I agree with you it's likely not.) Just a bit bizarre that they were friendly and communicative up to the point where they received the stems the way they wanted them (dry, no effects, no EQ, levels just right... there was a fair amount of back-and-forth to keep them what they needed.)
Anyway if they decide to play it on the dance floor in some Euro club, I'm fine with that.

Fyi on my soundcloud page, the only song that's finished is The Forever Lament.
The others I need to revamp and probably replace the vocalist.
Old 30th March 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Probably. I don't care about the theft (if that's what it is, which I agree with you it's likely not.) Just a bit bizarre that they were friendly and communicative up to the point where they received the stems the way they wanted them (dry, no effects, no EQ, levels just right... there was a fair amount of back-and-forth to keep them what they needed.)
Anyway if they decide to play it on the dance floor in some Euro club, I'm fine with that.

Fyi on my soundcloud page, the only song that's finished is The Forever Lament.
The others I need to revamp and probably replace the vocalist.
could they be really looking for Writing Material as opposed to Mixing ?? strip off the vocals kinda thing .. just thinking out loud ... but it seems odd as several people have done this now .. i don't know
Old 1st April 2019
Gear Head
I got the final mix one of them did for me. Must have had their nose to the grindstone - it's a superb mix.

i plan to convert the rest of my songs into a synthy format, and replace the female vocal, so might be a good time to establish a relationship with a good mix engineer...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search