The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Anybody can learn to sing. Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 6th March 2019
Anybody can learn to sing.

Hello, Singers
I made a video for my youtube channel Analog Voice. "Anybody can learn to sing". Hope you enjoy it. There is also a demonstration of how to get into the head voice from chest.

YouTube
Old 30th March 2019
Here for the gear

some people can't learn to sing

The title of your post made me think of my tone deaf friend, and how no matter how much I tried to teach him, could never acquire a pitch. Then I thought about the studies they've done on twins, showing how musical ability is more or less a genetic trait passed on like hair color or schizophrenia, or rather there is a genetic factor that can be improved upon with nurture. Have you heard of them? Here's just a few links from the first google page search. Pretty interesting stuff.

Twins, genes and the knack for musical talent | Deseret News

Singing twins to shed light on how much of our ability to sing in tune is inherited - Science News - ABC News

Musical Talent Is Rooted In The Genes, Study Of Twins Suggests | HuffPost

On a completely anecdotal note, have you ever tried asking your musician friends if they have musicians in their ancestry? I've noticed all of my musical friends can think of a parent, an aunt, a cousin who are also musical, whereas my tone deaf friends tend to draw a blank.

That being said, please kindly change the title of your post to "a cross-section of people containing musical genes can learn to sing"

...everyone else can play the cowbell
Old 30th March 2019
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by spektor View Post
Hello, Singers
I made a video for my youtube channel Analog Voice. "Anybody can learn to sing". Hope you enjoy it. There is also a demonstration of how to get into the head voice from chest.

YouTube
I may take a look although I rarely ever look at utoob stuff

I can not carry a tune in a paper bag.

Will you show me how to get my voice out of my sinuses to my head or my throat?
And chest would be aamazing to do.
Old 30th March 2019
Thanks for watching Garp. The title can be a little misleading but very few people are really tone deaf. I do think some cannot carry a tune because they might not know what to look for. I had a student that was had issues with pitch and now its better since he has practiced. Thanks for posting the links I will check it out.

Also to answer typical user question. I can help with you getting your voice out of your throat. I do offer lessons. message me if your interested.
Thanks
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search