The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Listen to my mixes and help me end my madness
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Listen to my mixes and help me end my madness

Hello. I have gone mad. I just wanna create ****, but I'm tired of my mixes sounding different on every source, my microphone sounding different every take, and just overall being unsatisfied with my sound. Listen to these mixes I've done on 2 projects I'm working on. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Files

Lies.mp3 (774.6 KB, 118 views)

No Calls.mp3 (1.83 MB, 111 views)

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Hello Marcus. Your bass frequencies are mixed too low to be heard on a regular speaker. (Not the volume, the frequencies)

Add some harmonics to the bass and it will "speak" on a 5 inch speaker. The brain only needs a few harmonics from your low sine waves, and it will "fill in" the missing bass.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noisewagon View Post
Hello Marcus. Your bass frequencies are mixed too low to be heard on a regular speaker. (Not the volume, the frequencies)

Add some harmonics to the bass and it will "speak" on a 5 inch speaker. The brain only needs a few harmonics from your low sine waves, and it will "fill in" the missing bass.
Hey thanks for the reply. I actually am not the beat producer. I am the one laying down the vocals. Got the beat online. Guess that beat is unusable then. But yeah generally looking for advice on vocal mixing. Should've mentioned that.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellerri View Post
Hey thanks for the reply. I actually am not the beat producer. I am the one laying down the vocals. Got the beat online. Guess that beat is unusable then. But yeah generally looking for advice on vocal mixing. Should've mentioned that.
The vocals sound fine. The reason it sounds different on different sources is that you have no low midrange in the music. The relationship between the voice and the bass is very important, and if you can't hear the bass on smaller speakers the voice will sound too loud.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search