The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
A-ha "Living a Boy's Adventure Tale" cover. Done with mostly Emax samplers. Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

A-ha "Living a Boy's Adventure Tale" cover. Done with mostly Emax samplers.

Did a cover of one of my most favorite tracks ever. I wanted to have it less melancholic, and upped the tempo a touch.
The Emax samplers provide a little more "Pet Shop Boys" sound to it all and by layering some telecaster guitars getting a different feel than the original.
The Korg DW-8000 also gives it a little ring I like.

Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Sounds spot-on. Nice work.
Really recreates that era.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by blyt View Post
Sounds spot-on. Nice work.
Really recreates that era.
Thanks for saying!
Old 6 days ago
Gear Addict
A-ha was one of my favorite bands growing up and I bought each of their albums as they came out. This takes me back! I love that you did a wonderful cover and also that it's not just "Take On Me" (a great song, but sadly the only one a-ha seems to be known for, at least in the US). "Living a Boy's Adventure Tale" is a beautiful song -- so unusual and unique. Thank you for making this and for sharing it! I hope you do other a-ha covers too :-)
Old 6 days ago
Gear Addict
(I would request Scoundrel Days!)
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snail View Post
A-ha was one of my favorite bands growing up and I bought each of their albums as they came out. This takes me back! I love that you did a wonderful cover and also that it's not just "Take On Me" (a great song, but sadly the only one a-ha seems to be known for, at least in the US). "Living a Boy's Adventure Tale" is a beautiful song -- so unusual and unique. Thank you for making this and for sharing it! I hope you do other a-ha covers too :-)
Hey, thanks for your reply!
"Take On Me" was never my favorite with them so doing a cover meant doing what I believe is one of their most endearing tracks.
Scoundrel Days, the album, is also covered with great tracks and the title track is wonderful. I'm not sure it would suit my vocal and I'm not sure how I'd do the arrangement if covering it, but I'll think about it

Cheers
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkanah77 View Post
Hey, thanks for your reply!
"Take On Me" was never my favorite with them so doing a cover meant doing what I believe is one of their most endearing tracks.
Scoundrel Days, the album, is also covered with great tracks and the title track is wonderful. I'm not sure it would suit my vocal and I'm not sure how I'd do the arrangement if covering it, but I'll think about it

Cheers
Yes, Scoundrel Days is perhaps my favorite a-ha album. It has tons of great tracks. It would be great if you covered any of them!

I did a search on YouTube for a-ha covers, and amazingly apart from Take On Me, there are very few indeed, which surprised me. There are a few live shows, but not much like what you did with Living a Boys Adventure Tale.

So I think there is a wide open market for this!
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search