The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
General Advice Pop/R&B album
Old 30th November 2018
Gear Maniac

General Advice Pop/R&B album

Hello everyone,

hereby a link to four songs by means as a demo for a full album.
It has to be mixed properly. At the moment there is way too much bass due to bad room acoustics in my new house (control room is under construction at the moment).

Songs are cowritten with the leadsinger.
All instruments are played by myself, except for the drums on "Blackness".
Arrangement, production and recording is also done by myself.

Any advice will be highly appreciated.
Especially any suggestions for a mix engineer are welcome.

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Tim.

Tim & Haider EP by Vice Productions | Free Listening on SoundCloud
Old 1st December 2018
Gear Maniac

Excuses,

songs were set on "private sharing"

Fixed now...
Old 1st December 2018
Gear Addict

Ehy, I feel a good Jamiroquai vibe. Good work guys.
POP isn't my main genre so maybe someone could give more detailed info to you, but I like the actual mix and the instruments and their arrangement, and the bass isn't exaggerate in my opinion, maybe just a bit less.

The tracks maybe need a mastering engineer instead of a new mixing, for the finishing touch or keep them unmastered if you are on strict budget; I would not change the mix in itself.
Of course you can do 1000 different mixes, every mix... is a mix. But since it sounds musically I will keep this one as it is.

Old 1st December 2018
Gear Maniac

Thank you for your input!
It helps a lot in keeping the focus on the music

Greetings,

Tim.
Old 3rd December 2018
Gear Maniac

Hey nice work...

Your music gives me the feel of cross jazz pop electronica dance. My advice would be to give more room to the female voice... making more of a pocket for it by eq ing or what ever is your flavor. I like when vocals mix with the band... but not when I don't get to know the personality of the singer first. I like that after. You also have a lot of Bruno Mars and Michael Jackson goin on too. These are all good things. I don't know the singers but if you want natural exposure you could highlight that. I would maybe do a little a/b or reference (female) with Sade and Diane Shurr (GRP) records. And also match up the other voices with Mars/Jackson. I like the songs but they do not have the memorable hook standing OUT front. Of course if you are looking of more laid back or ez listening... ignore this.

I Love to have a new singer make a statement with the 1st syllables. I found my self searching for who is this... who are they what statement or purpose are they making.

Overall excellent production over a variety of genres. Have you looked at Amy Winehouse Rehab? You get to know HER in a few words... You have the production going - I just want something a little MORE: risque - out of the box - memorable - different. Popular music today seems to have that instant RECOGNIZABLE voice standing out front, coupled with and ear interesting instrumental sound. Think Martin. Good luck nice.
Old 6th December 2018
Gear Nut
Great job! The single thing in my opinion: the lead vocal seems a little wet and to upfront in some places. I would want it more glued in the mix, but it's all about preferences..
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Thumbs up Exceptional Job Done Guys

Much More Than Nothing is my favorite track of the EP. The vocals are a tad demo'ey, but that easily be fixed in the mastering stage.
I'm feeling it like Anne Frank loving to read braille.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search