The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
I would need some feedback about my mix!
Old 31st July 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMeShow View Post
Hey guys!

New original song "Feel Now" from Julia! I'm always curious to hear your feedback! We recently upgraded our video setup and are able to shoot and edit in 4K. We also start to get more and more request from companies to sync our music in movies/TV etc so it is really encouraging for us! Here is the video that we did for her new song! Thanks for watching!
All my previous comments are answered in this new video. Very quick to the vocal, with the ethereal passage later, almost where a “lead guitar break” would be in a classic rock song. AND... in that ethereal passage, there are the unexpected visual and audio changes when the drum and tambourine are introduced.
You also have a very tight visual/audio sync with the vocals guitar and piano. I KNOW this isn’t live recording, but there aren’t any obvious sync glitches between what we see and what we hear. I don’t think the drum sync is quite as tight, but the visual editing is clever about concealing some of the drumstick strikes. I can easily accept this as a live performance... nothing lets me “see the machinery”. Very artful.
Old 31st July 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushman View Post
All my previous comments are answered in this new video. Very quick to the vocal, with the ethereal passage later, almost where a “lead guitar break” would be in a classic rock song. AND... in that ethereal passage, there are the unexpected visual and audio changes when the drum and tambourine are introduced.
You also have a very tight visual/audio sync with the vocals guitar and piano. I KNOW this isn’t live recording, but there aren’t any obvious sync glitches between what we see and what we hear. I don’t think the drum sync is quite as tight, but the visual editing is clever about concealing some of the drumstick strikes. I can easily accept this as a live performance... nothing lets me “see the machinery”. Very artful.
Thank you so much Bushman! So happy to hear this! I shared your words with Julia as well! We really appreciate it! Take care!
Old 7th August 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMeShow View Post
her voice has some special tones when she push the voice harder. We often call it "metallic sounding". I often drop some frequencies around 2.5khz and also use a dynamic EQ to drop some of those frequencies that sound too harsh to my ears. Still, sometimes I wonder if there is something I could do for the vocals to have less of those mid frequencies.
Hi,

Take a look at the plugin called Soothe by OekSound. It is an innovative approach that is marvelous for this sort of thing. I use it on every mix. Be cautious not to be too aggressive with Soothe, as if you go too far and broad with it it can be a bit phasey.

It will do exactly what you asked for and is simply a brilliant plugin.

Here's an example of it on female vocals (skip ahead about half way into the video)

Old 1st September 2019
Here for the gear

Thanks for the tips guys! They are precious! Here is a new original music video called "See You". I use Navy2 from Acustica-Audio and it is so smooth. I also have new Focal Alpha 80 studio monitors and they are so wonderful! Everything sounds more CLEAR! And I also bought the new reverb Relab Sonsig Rev-A! Wow!!! What a fantastic reverb!!! It's so dreamy! Please don't hesitate if you have any constructive feedback for us! Thanks a lot!

Old 11th September 2019
Here for the gear

Hey guys! Here is a new original music video from Julia Westlin "You and I". I used a lot of Acustica Audio Navy2 to mix this project and I love the sound I get from it. I also used the Relab Sonsig Rev-A reverb for this nice smooth tail. Please feel free to tell us what you think about this new project! Thanks a lot guys!

Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

New song "Diamond" from Julia Westlin! Any feedback?

Hey guys!

We just released a new original music video from Julia Westlin. This one has a different style. I'm always open to hear feedback on our productions as we are only two people working on both the audio & video. So any thoughts is more than welcome! Thanks a lot!

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search