The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Korg SQD-1 midi recorder from 1986 - Demo/workflow/tutorial Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

Korg SQD-1 midi recorder from 1986 - Demo/workflow/tutorial

I'm a real sucker for old sequencers. Even with lots of limitations, using this stuff really sets my creativity on fire and in the end, that's what really matters.
Making music the same way each time isn't for me and when I get my hands on something like this Korg SQD-1. Even with a simple 2-track system, coarse auto-correct and rudimentary editing, I find limitations enticing and new ideas bursts into the open. Try it!

Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Hi Espen!

I stumbled upon your SQD1 video just now, it was my very first sequencer and i got some nice nostalgia from the video

I must say, the Alesis MMT8 was a lot easier to work with after working with the SQD1

Any chance of perhaps making a synth-video on the Kawai K1 or the Casio CZ3000 in the future?
Those were my very first synths i had as a teenager
Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassX View Post
Hi Espen!

I stumbled upon your SQD1 video just now, it was my very first sequencer and i got some nice nostalgia from the video

I must say, the Alesis MMT8 was a lot easier to work with after working with the SQD1

Any chance of perhaps making a synth-video on the Kawai K1 or the Casio CZ3000 in the future?
Those were my very first synths i had as a teenager
I too had the MMT-8 and used it extensivly for a couple of years when it was new, the MMT-8 was my first sequencer. A great one for sure.

I don't own the K1 or any of the CZ series from Casio at the moment, but should they come in, either from donations or otherwise, I will of course review them on my channel.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search