The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
My Girlfriend wrote a Song...
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

My Girlfriend wrote a Song...

... and I made her a birthday present to produce it. Actually three songs, but this here is the one I would like to share with you. Personally I really like it, she had a demo recording of her voice with a piano, and we recorded it with Acoustic Guitar, Synth (Prophet 6) and loads of Percussion, which were played by a Drummer, who's a friend of mine.
If you have the time, please take a listen. Every Feedback is very much appreciated! Of course, if you have Questions regarding the Gear, I'm happy to answer.

Regards,
Michael
Attached Files

The Torrent.mp3 (9.78 MB, 90 views)

Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmac View Post
... and I made her a birthday present to produce it. Actually three songs, but this here is the one I would like to share with you. Personally I really like it, she had a demo recording of her voice with a piano, and we recorded it with Acoustic Guitar, Synth (Prophet 6) and loads of Percussion, which were played by a Drummer, who's a friend of mine.
If you have the time, please take a listen. Every Feedback is very much appreciated! Of course, if you have Questions regarding the Gear, I'm happy to answer.

Regards,
Michael
Great stuff. If this song explodes and gets loud i would also explode. Yall went in another direction but if this had some evanesence type big moment id be into it. reminds me of the sully erma album. You should work towards an album. Exploding chorus's would be cool. This also reminds me of monsters and men.

The song kind of farted out at the end. It's nice when a song ends like a good book. I remember a Dylan interview where he said even though he has dark songs he tries to end them on a good note.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Hey, thanks for listening! I hear you about the ending... We discussed this several times, but she liked this rising moment after the second chorus that doesn't resolve into a Grand Finale. But I agree, it leaves something to be desired.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search