The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tonelux JC 37, new sony C37 Summing Mixers
Old 3 weeks ago
  #1
Lives for gear
 
laperlestudio's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Tonelux JC 37, new sony C37

Anybody saw these?!

Instagram

That's exciting!
Old 3 weeks ago
  #2
m03
Gear Nut
 
m03's Avatar
Cardioid-only, according to this:

YouTube

Still, the price seems decent.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #3
Gear Maniac
Any more info, please.
Details about capsule, transformer, tube?
Сathode follower schematic?
Photos inside?
Old 3 weeks ago
  #4
Lives for gear
 
the fxs's Avatar
 

Tonelux?
Last company i expected to clone a vintage mic.
Paul Wolf has left Tonelux, correct?
He doesn't have anyhing to do with this, does he?
Old 3 weeks ago
  #5
Gear Maniac
one more video
YouTube

from it - tube 6AU6
Old 3 weeks ago
  #6
Gear Addict
 
hw2nw's Avatar
 

YES I can’t wait to hear it

Love C37s!!!
Old 3 weeks ago
  #7
Lives for gear
 

If Joe is involved I'm sure it will be great. I love my late 50s C37a. Can't wait to a/b them.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #8
Lives for gear
 
AlexK's Avatar
 

Interested to see if they’ve made any changes to the design. Love C37s but they aren’t without their caveats, particularly low output and noise...
Old 3 weeks ago
  #9
Lives for gear
 
AlexK's Avatar
 

Just watched the video - would be cool to get a replacement yoke for my C37A.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #10
1500$ Solid state and 2000$ tube model, seems very good priced. Remember very long time ago using one in vocals and was a killer mic.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #11
Gear Addict
 
hw2nw's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by heraldo_jones View Post
1500$ Solid state and 2000$ tube model, seems very good priced. Remember very long time ago using one in vocals and was a killer mic.
Where did you hear $2k for the tube? SOS video said $3k
Old 3 weeks ago
  #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by hw2nw View Post
Where did you hear $2k for the tube? SOS video said $3k


sorry, was 2500$
Old 3 weeks ago
  #13
Lives for gear
 
AlexK's Avatar
 

Great that the components are 'interchangeable' with the original - I need a new yoke for my C37A and have had no joy finding exactly the right parts...
Old 3 weeks ago
  #14
Coolest looking mics ever!
Old 3 weeks ago
  #15
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexK View Post
Great that the components are 'interchangeable' with the original - I need a new yoke for my C37A and have had no joy finding exactly the right parts...
Talk to Stewart at Xaudia, I'm sure he will be able to machine a replacement yoke for you.

Xaudia | Ribbon microphones, sales and repair
Old 1 week ago
  #16
Lives for gear
 
alanhyatt's Avatar
 

Pricing at the show was target. The mic is in the final stage of voicing with Joe Chicarrelli. Joe has been on this project with us for a couple of years, but this is almost at the finish line.

We elected to do it under the Tonelux banner as we are making a lot of changes at Tonelux, which will be revealed in the near future... Anyway, this mic is the real deal, and we will keep you all posted on the progress...but just a few months more...
Old 1 week ago
  #17
Can someone make a good video of this? That was the worst hype video I've ever seen! Sorry but the guy was totally distracted and not that articulate to begin with..... Honestly guys, you are missing a huge opportunity. Get Slate to market it for you, or something..... I actually am really interested in this, and it's frustrating. Not difficult to do!......
Old 1 week ago
  #18
Lives for gear
 
alanhyatt's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardis View Post
Can someone make a good video of this? That was the worst hype video I've ever seen! Sorry but the guy was totally distracted and not that articulate to begin with..... Honestly guys, you are missing a huge opportunity. Get Slate to market it for you, or something..... I actually am really interested in this, and it's frustrating. Not difficult to do!......
We will get to it. I know it is not difficult, but we have a lot of Trident Consoles we are building from sales at NAMM. As soon as we can get them done, we will, however we are happy to answer any questions you have until we can get it done...
Old 1 week ago
  #19
You can always send me a Trident to shut me up! Seriously tho, a fantastic idea, and wish you all the best with these!
Old 1 week ago
  #20
Lives for gear
 
alanhyatt's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardis View Post
You can always send me a Trident to shut me up! Seriously tho, a fantastic idea, and wish you all the best with these!
Well, I can't do that, but we do have a few Trident Show Demo and Studio Demo consoles that we need to sell off at a great discount!!!!
Old 1 week ago
  #21
Gear Head
 

I guess you all know the Sony C38 is still in production?
Sony Product Detail Page C38B

Someone asked about Paul Wolff, he started tonelux and sold it to PMI audio 5 years later.
He had to stay for a while, but since his leave no real new products came out anymore AFAIK.
A copy of a Sony mic is not really what I expected...

Anyway, Paul's current designs are sold under the Fix audio designs umbrella.
Before Tonelux, he owned API for a fairly long time.
About — Fix Audio Designs
Old 1 week ago
  #22
Lives for gear
 
alanhyatt's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlammie View Post
I guess you all know the Sony C38 is still in production?
Sony Product Detail Page C38B

Someone asked about Paul Wolff, he started tonelux and sold it to PMI audio 5 years later.
He had to stay for a while, but since his leave no real new products came out anymore AFAIK.
A copy of a Sony mic is not really what I expected...

Anyway, Paul's current designs are sold under the Fix audio designs umbrella.
Before Tonelux, he owned API for a fairly long time.
About — Fix Audio Designs
Well, the C-38 is a different sound than the 37... Bringing it out under the Tonelux banner made sense to us. It starts with a new Tonelux logo look, and we will follow up with new products as well. A mic may not be what you expected, but we think that is exactly what we wanted to accomplish. To do the unexpected....
Old 1 week ago
  #23
Gear Head
 
ratti's Avatar
 

Congrats on the new product, new look, and new site. It's a little disappointing though that all of the information on the vrack products is gone. Will there be a way to get access to that tech info?
Old 1 week ago
  #24
Gear Head
 

And why no mention of Paul Wolff in the bio?
He developed almost every tonelux product AFAIK.
Old 1 week ago
  #25
Lives for gear
 
cheu78's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlammie View Post
And why no mention of Paul Wolff in the bio?
He developed almost every tonelux product AFAIK.
I don't have a horse in this race, but afaik Paul Wolff sold tonelux few years ago to PMI..so I don't know 'til when he worked for Tonelux after that..

I don't think that Paul will never do a "recreation", I don't think it's in his mindset.. although these mics looks really cool and seems that a lot of thoughts went into it.. So in the end I hope that these new tonelux mics will have the success they deserve!



Cheu
Old 1 week ago
  #26
Lives for gear
 
alanhyatt's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratti View Post
Congrats on the new product, new look, and new site. It's a little disappointing though that all of the information on the vrack products is gone. Will there be a way to get access to that tech info?
The V-Rack stuff while cool, had some issues. It was difficult for customers to grasp and as such, sales were very weak. The format did not help with its less than 1" pitch. Many could not get their fingers in between the knobs.

Now, the product sounded great, but it needed to be redone into a different format that made better sense. This is why we discontinued the model, but as I said, we have a lot of plans in the future for Tonelux...
Old 1 week ago
  #27
Lives for gear
 
alanhyatt's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlammie View Post
And why no mention of Paul Wolff in the bio?
He developed almost every tonelux product AFAIK.
I do not think you will find Paul Wolff's bio at API either. All due respect, that time is over, Paul has moved on, and API and Tonelux are doing their own thing now...
Old 1 week ago
  #28
Lives for gear
 
laperlestudio's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardis View Post
Get Slate to market it for you, or something.....
Please don't!! We don't need that! A good product, don't need a barbie to sell!
Old 1 week ago
  #29
Gear Maniac
 

Hi Alan. As always, it was very cool chatting with you, your family, & Brent.

I loved those 37's! I thought they both sounded terrific, when I got a chance to sing through them, at the recent NAMM Show.

Wishing you guys "all the best", on these microphones...

Chris
Old 1 week ago
  #30
Gear Guru
 
Drumsound's Avatar
C37s are wonderful sounding mics. And Joe C's ears are amazing.
Anyone wanna buy a kidney?
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump