The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Crazy News: Neumann U67 reissue at Namm 2018 Condenser Microphones
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by crille_mannen View Post
Stephen Paul did not like the Slo reissue he said it was like comparing a u87 and u87ai. Im guessing cheap u87 box and completely different powersupply. Maybe it will come with a hardcase but probably not.
I can bet it will be a winner, and a genuine neumann u67.

Last edited by Cucaio75; 1 week ago at 02:57 AM..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

So great!! congrats Neumann
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

U47 next??
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Sorry Wiggy - no supply of VF14s however i wouldn't be surprised if they do a KM84.
Cheers

Last edited by reddirt; 1 week ago at 11:58 AM.. Reason: info
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddirt View Post
Sorry Wiggy - no supply of VF14s however i wouldn't be surprised if they do a KM84.
Cheers
I think it would be a market for a neumann branded u47, v14 or not.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Yeah, let's have that KM84!
Old 1 week ago
I also want a brand new 84 for many years now, but a 86 would make more sense since it wouldn’t interfer with their current series sales.

Last edited by DavidChampoux; 1 week ago at 03:59 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidChampoux View Post
I also want a brand nee 84 for many years now, but a 86 would make more sense since it wouldn’t interfer with their current series sales.
Yeah if they would relaunch the 84 they would have to price it at what they go for today or even slightly higher maybe 2.5-3k for a pair.

A km84 isn't that expensive and there are plenty out there already so it doesn't make that much sense.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah if they would relaunch the 84 they would have to price it at what they go for today or even slightly higher maybe 2.5-3k for a pair.

A km84 isn't that expensive and there are plenty out there already so it doesn't make that much sense.
No way! priced at 1,5k the pair and they will sell like hot cakes!
it does make sense to have a brand new mic than a old tired one with unknown history
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIDBILL View Post
No way! priced at 1,5k the pair and they will sell like hot cakes!
it does make sense to have a brand new mic than a old tired one with unknown history
Yes i know for that price nothing would beat them but then N have to discontinue the 184 which is a superior mic right haha!?

All their classic reissues mics would be priced higher that was my point
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes i know for that price nothing would beat them but then N have to discontinue the 184 which is a superior mic right haha!?

All their classic reissues mics would be priced higher that was my point
better to stop the 184 then
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIDBILL View Post
better to stop the 184 then
Haha yeah but that would be like admiting the 184 is not as good which they'll never do. Spec wise it might be better but yeah the 84 blows the 184 out of the water.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I will be sure to compare the Stam Audio 67 clone to this reissue after fellow gearslutz donate to my $8,000 gofundme!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
I will be sure to compare the Stam Audio 67 clone to this reissue after fellow gearslutz donate to my $8,000 gofundme!
Yeah, as much as I love U67's I believe Neumann priced this out of competition and too far above the average user wanting a U67. For the same price range I could pick up a Chandler REDD, TLM67, and the Max67 kit and be much further ahead. Now then, if this was selling for $5K Neumann would have a hit.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
Yeah, as much as I love U67's I believe Neumann priced this out of competition and too far above the average user wanting a U67. For the same price range I could pick up a Chandler REDD, TLM67, and the Max67 kit and be much further ahead. Now then, if this was selling for $5K Neumann would have a hit.
I am leaning more towards a townsend sphere mic myself. It seems to be a super useful tool to have in the studio.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for food

Quote:
Yeah, as much as I love U67's I believe Neumann priced this out of competition and too far above the average user..
You've SEEN the price list already? How did you do that? I won't even see it until Wed before the show opens.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

$7k map.

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Weaver View Post
$7k map.

Are you sure of this price?
And that 7k is the price in $ and not in €?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

quoted by a long time U.S. dealer two days ago.

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
I agree that Neumann really missed the boat here considering the abundance of cheaper U67 copies on the market.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Nonsense. Sure everyone wants a U67. No this isn't a "clone" (or at least it carries the Neumann badge and is a reissue which make it stand way above a "clone"). No, not every cheap project studio is going to be able to afford it. So what. It fits in their pricing for valve mics. A reissue is important for a desirable mic. If you've desired the pickup pattern of a U67 without the uncertainty and noise/repair of buying a vintage unit, $6-7k is about right.

At some point, this starts to seem like a bunch of VW buyers complaining about not getting Audis (or possibly Skoda buyers complaining about not getting Bentleys). If MAP is $7k, I expect street at $6-6.5k. At $8k it would have seemed on the edge of rational pricing. $7k it is fine. I'm sure the demand will outstrip the supply if it is an accurate reissue. Just hoping this won't be a limited run.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by pentagon View Post
Nonsense. Sure everyone wants a U67. No this isn't a "clone" (or at least it carries the Neumann badge and is a reissue which make it stand way above a "clone"). No, not every cheap project studio is going to be able to afford it. So what. It fits in their pricing for valve mics. A reissue is important for a desirable mic. If you've desired the pickup pattern of a U67 without the uncertainty and noise/repair of buying a vintage unit, $6-7k is about right.

At some point, this starts to seem like a bunch of VW buyers complaining about not getting Audis (or possibly Skoda buyers complaining about not getting Bentleys). If MAP is $7k, I expect street at $6-6.5k. At $8k it would have seemed on the edge of rational pricing. $7k it is fine. I'm sure the demand will outstrip the supply if it is an accurate reissue. Just hoping this won't be a limited run.
Exactly! it is like everyone is hoping to be able to buy a real genuine u67 for a bargin ha! What they don't understand is with the current vintage prices getting a u67 for 6-7k is a bargin!
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Nonsense. Sure everyone wants a U67. No this isn't a "clone".

The price of 7k is definitively correct for a brand-new mic like this !
7k is 2k cheaper than the old originals (more or less 9k)

R.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:

You are right,but I never understand why a microphone can cost that price.I think all parts and the working process is not more than 1000 euro or less.The rest is for the name and logo?I think one day they will realise that the clones lower the selling of the originals.The battle is lost ,they will sell 10 mic per year or even less.
Stam audio and Warm audio will take over.
Only the future will shows what will be happen.I like the Neumann,but not all peoples are rich.I did have TLM 49 and I sold it to get WARM WA87 and soon will get WA 47.Many studio guys will buy Pultec and mic preamps from the WARM,and mic and compressors from STAM Audio.
That is my simply opinion.

Last edited by angel72bg; 1 week ago at 03:04 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Mixwell View Post
too many expert regurgitators posting uselessness
I respect your big name,but can we look at the bigger picture.
90% clients in my country never ask me which is my mic,or compressor or whatever.They look the shiny studio colors and interiors and say wow, if the studio looks posh.They listen the final results and say yes or not.Also, these days where the loudness of EDM is with DR at 6 even 4,and the rest music is about 8,and the peoples listen the music on laptop and smart phones ,why to spend 8000 euro to buy a mic,that a clone ones with proper Eq and so on can sounds almost like the original expensive mic.The difference will notice only some top guys with 10k monitors and killer studio acoustic.Andrew Scheps and another great mixers are 100% in the box.
Also these days we eating a semi-fabricated food,the women are 70% natural(silicone, botox and so on).All computers power is increasing and the prices going down. My point is,(do not get me wrong(,I also have a studio and gears about 100 000 dollars.I have MASELEC MLA 4,NSEQ 4 Millennia,BAX EQ Dangerous,AVALON 747,AML 54f50 stereo,SILVER BULLET PRISM Audio ADDA and Antelope audio Orion 32.I know what they sounds like.
But for the mic to be 8k or even 5k do not accept.
And last,we all can not be expert genius.That is why I did say, it is my real life simple opinion.
Attached Thumbnails
Crazy News: Neumann U67 reissue at Namm 2018-studio-.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel72bg View Post
I respect your big name,but can we look at the bigger picture.
90% clients in my country never ask me which is my mic,or compressor or whatever.They look the shiny studio colors and interiors and say wow, if the studio looks posh.They listen the final results and say yes or not.Also, these days where the loudness of EDM is with DR at 6 even 4,and the rest music is about 8,and the peoples listen the music on laptop and smart phones ,why to spend 8000 euro to buy a mic,that a clone ones with proper Eq and so on can sounds almost like the original expensive mic.The difference will notice only some top guys with 10k monitors and killer studio acoustic.Andrew Scheps and another great mixers are 100% in the box.
Also these days we eating a semi-fabricated food,the women are 70% natural(silicone, botox and so on).All computers power is increasing and the prices going down. My point is,(do not get me wrong(,I also have a studio and gears about 100 000 dollars.I have MASELEC MLA 4,NSEQ 4 Millennia,BAX EQ Dangerous,AVALON 747,AML 54f50 stereo,SILVER BULLET PRISM Audio ADDA and Antelope audio Orion 32.I know what they sounds like.
But for the mic to be 8k or even 5k do not accept.
And last,we all can not be expert genius.That is why I did say, it is my real life simple opinion.
99% of my clients come here because I'm known for good sound and good ears. They come because I'm able record acc. guitar or the voice the best way they have ever heard.Mics are the most important part of the chain.That is why I have more than 200 000USD just in mics. 1% difference makes huge difference in more tracks. I believe that for some genres is computer,Avalon, good ADDA and one mic is enough. It is simple make music like EDM or HipHop for almost nothing. For different genres not so true. Without the best tools you are just one of thousands with Warm mics and copycat gear. The point is to stand out ...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Ok it's news alright but not crazy news
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel72bg View Post
but I never understand why a microphone can cost that price.
Have you ever handbuilt a mic?
Not saying this will be point to point handwired but if you build gear you can see where the time (money) goes into it.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Fokes, this is a high end studio professional industry standard microphone. Not a 'good for the price' imitator. That is NOT what they are going for. They already have that and it's called the TLM series.

The U67 was never intended for the 'little guy on a budget', it's funny that people have come to expect that.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by carloff View Post
99% of my clients come here because I'm known for good sound and good ears. They come because I'm able record acc. guitar or the voice the best way they have ever heard.Mics are the most important part of the chain.That is why I have more than 200 000USD just in mics. 1% difference makes huge difference in more tracks. I believe that for some genres is computer,Avalon, good ADDA and one mic is enough. It is simple make music like EDM or HipHop for almost nothing. For different genres not so true. Without the best tools you are just one of thousands with Warm mics and copycat gear. The point is to stand out ...
Did you listen the Adele's ''Hello''',the voice is recorded and process with thousands dollars chane and still on the some spots sounds harsh.
The most important part is not the mic but the performer and the acoustics and the sound engineer.
Yes for acoustic and classical music the mics are so important,I am agree.
But, if the recording and mixing engineer is good can record with middle class mics and get better results then a bad engineer with the best mics on the planet.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search