The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
best cd replication options?
Old 19th December 2014
Gear Nut

best cd replication options?

I'm sorry if this isn't the right forum, but I found some threads in mastering about cd manufacturing/replication so I thought I'd try.

Basically, what I don't understand is who the key players are in cd package manufacturing and replication are. Discmakers certainly has the easiest to use interface for quotes, but I have no experience.

The other thing I'm really keen to learn is what places can manufacture the more innovative/non-standard cd packaging (i.e., not just a digipack with some colors and an insert). For example, I saw a sleeve that had all these tiny cut-outs in the outer covering, and the color from the cd was showing through the cutout areas to create the cover design. And that hot foil print (which I'm sure is crazy expensive). I am working with a graphic designer who could design such things but for the life of me I can't do the right googling. Thanks for your time.
Old 19th December 2014
Lives for gear
pretty sure discmakers will do custom stuff.

there's also CD Duplication | CD Replication | DVD Duplication | Blu-Ray | WTSmedia

CRAVEDOG - CD/Vinyl/DVD Duplication, CD/Vinyl/DVD Replication, Download Cards, T-Shirts

and i'm sure there are others. i only have experience with discmakers though.
Old 20th December 2014
Gear Nut

Thanks for the reply - I never once came across those and will peruse them thoroughly. I thought I'd share the few things I found before I saw your reply.

http://www.furnacemfg.com/
CD Duplication, DVD Duplication, CD/DVD Duplication, CD/DVD Replication

I found these 2 by way of specialized blogs geared towards fine artists and graphic designers, and it appears they'll do custom stuff. By the way, the 'cut out' technique I was talking about is called laser cut apparently. Cheers.
Old 22nd March 2018
Here for the gear

If anyone would like to get some real info and support on vinyl pressing or similar services like [[CD Duplication | CD Duplication Services | Cyclone Music CD duplication]] or [[CD Duplication, CD Replication & CD Manufacturing CD manufacturing]] visit CD Duplication, CD Replication & CD Manufacturing
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search