The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
I've got 2 bad vocal tracks - anyone want to take a shot at improving them? I'll pay! Channel Strips
Old 2nd September 2011
Here for the gear

I've got 2 bad vocal tracks - anyone want to take a shot at improving them? I'll pay!

OK I have a problem. I have 2 vocal tracks that are just bad. I can't get the performance again without spending a ton of money (just weird circumstances) and I'm no engineer. So I wonder if anyone wants to take a crack at improving them. You don't need to do any mixing...just try to get them to sound better.

They're not completely terrible...the performances aren't very good, but I'm mainly concerned with the quality. They were recorded with a Shure SM7B into a Presonus Eureka preamp. They should have been fine quality-wise, but when I got them they had a very compressed type of sound to them. Kind of crunchy and not smooth. Very harsh, very flat sounding. On certain notes they make my right ear pop. that's how bad it gets. They're somewhat clean, but I don't have the tools/room to get them sounding good enough to mix back into the music.

One track is only about 20 seconds of singing, the other is a couple of minutes. They were mono tracks originally and I made them stereo...I did a hard limit on one of them because it was all over the place. So I improved them a tiny bit...but they need something else and I just don't know what to do about them.

Anyway, if anyone wants to help me out...my email address is [email protected]. I'll send the tracks and you can listen to them and let me know if there's any hope. I can pay...and I've got the music file I can send too in case you want to hear the vocals against the music track.
Old 2nd September 2011
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfungames View Post
OK I have a problem. I have 2 vocal tracks that are just bad. I can't get the performance again without spending a ton of money (just weird circumstances) and I'm no engineer. So I wonder if anyone wants to take a crack at improving them. You don't need to do any mixing...just try to get them to sound better.

They're not completely terrible...the performances aren't very good, but I'm mainly concerned with the quality. They were recorded with a Shure SM7B into a Presonus Eureka preamp. They should have been fine quality-wise, but when I got them they had a very compressed type of sound to them. Kind of crunchy and not smooth. Very harsh, very flat sounding. On certain notes they make my right ear pop. that's how bad it gets. They're somewhat clean, but I don't have the tools/room to get them sounding good enough to mix back into the music.

One track is only about 20 seconds of singing, the other is a couple of minutes. They were mono tracks originally and I made them stereo...I did a hard limit on one of them because it was all over the place. So I improved them a tiny bit...but they need something else and I just don't know what to do about them.

Anyway, if anyone wants to help me out...my email address is [email protected]. I'll send the tracks and you can listen to them and let me know if there's any hope. I can pay...and I've got the music file I can send too in case you want to hear the vocals against the music track.
Sent you an email.
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Nut

E-mail sent.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search