The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Thank you Tom Waltz...!
Old 29th December 2010
Lives for gear

Thank you Tom Waltz...!

Before I forget, I would like to thank Tom Waltz for his mastering work on my mixes and bringing them to life. I gave him a bunch of songs that were in my archives and forgotten and Tom worked on various revisions like the Pro that he is and made something out of these songs.

What impressed me the most was his patience to work with me to get them sounding exactly like I wanted without ever complaining and promptly returning each revision until I was satisfied.

So, thanks Tom for working on my songs and allowing me to realize my vision and seeing this project to the end even though it took longer than we both thought. It was well worth it for me...

This is how you earn people's business and respect. Don't ever change that part of you brother...
Old 29th December 2010
Here for the gear

I'm glad to see this thread pop up. I too can attest that Tom's patience is unlike anyone. I sent him a few versions of my mix and he sent back sample masters for free, and in all honesty, I'm very knit-picky to the point where anyone else would've told me to go f*ck myself.

A lot of people (including myself) on this forum have tried mastering things themselves and even though they know what they want to hear, they can't exactly get the best result. Tom is amazing because you can tell him what you want (or give him a reference) and he will make your mix/master perfect and work with you until you have the right sound

Even if you can find someone to do the job for less, there's a 99.9% chance they can't do it as well. Once I have more than pocket change (sorta unemployed/interning right now), I'm going with Tom Waltz to mix an EP!
Old 29th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougf View Post
in all honesty, I'm very knit-picky to the point where anyone else would've told me to go f*ck myself.
Lol. I've always known those types are aware of themselves!

So much of this is finding people you like to work with--always nice to hear when it happens.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search