The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Anybody Offering FREE Mastering Services?
Old 15th November 2009
Gear Maniac

Anybody Offering FREE Mastering Services?

Hi All,

I am the key member and producer of a new art-rock band from Harlem, NY. RPG. I have just completed the final mix on two tunes that will be FREELY released on a Creative Commons License.

These tunes are for publicity and marketing. And I was wondering if any ME's here are still offering FREE mastering services.

If so please PM me or contact me at info at hakimcallier.com and I will provide a link for you to download a zip that included the following:

1) Production Notes
2) Full Mix
3) Lead Vocal
4) TV Track
5) Instrumental
6) Bass Stem

All of the files are stereo .WAV files totaling about 160MB. I'm looking forward to a conversation.

Cheers,

Old 16th November 2009
Lives for gear

OMG.
Old 17th November 2009
Gear Maniac

Thanks for the support guys thumbsup.

I will keep you all posted on our progress.
Old 18th November 2009
Here for the gear

Seems like a lot of work for free. Do people really take the work?
Old 18th November 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMastering View Post
Seems like a lot of work for free.
Yeah, I said that too when my publicist first talked to me about putting out an EP on Creative Commons. But there are some great rewards that are almost a necessity in today's music business.

It is my guess that the ME that would do a great job on a project like this just may find a client for their standard (traditional) album projects as well.

That is what we are looking for by putting out a FREE EP. Fans are oversaturated with choices we're just making it a little more easy for them to love our music.

*By the way, the stems are merely safeties. We don't need them all mastered, they are more or less to help the ME if there are any problem areas.
Old 18th November 2009
Lives for gear

Hakim, you could at least propose a contract that next job you have a budget for wikk bw done by the same company. It is no proper business to ask to work for free and not share in future success.
Old 18th November 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanuman View Post
Hakim, you could at least propose a contract that next job you have a budget for wikk bw done by the same company. It is no proper business to ask to work for free and not share in future success.
I don't have a problem with that. But I am not the band's legal adviser. PM or email me and I will introduce you to the right people (person) for that.

Besides, hanuman, I would with out a doubt help out and mix someone's record for FREE if these conditions were the same. And I would do it without a contract. And that is on record...

I believe in CC and Open Source, I fought for it while at NYU and I understand it. Everyone may not, Google was and is developed with it at the heart of its ideology. So I support it and others do to.
Old 18th November 2009
Here for the gear

hey i'll do it...
im currently studyin sound engineering and i have mastered live tracks for local bands.. neways this is good practice and i dont mind doin it for free.. let me know if interested..
Old 19th November 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkaran_12 View Post
hey i'll do it...
im currently studyin sound engineering and i have mastered live tracks for local bands.. neways this is good practice and i dont mind doin it for free.. let me know if interested..
koolkaran, I have someone working with me now. But you are free to download the files and work on a master with the song for practice if you like. Just PM or email me at info at hakimcallier.com and I will send off a link.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search