The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Looking for Mastering Engineer Recommendations
Old 19th April 2019
Gear Head

Looking for Mastering Engineer Recommendations

Hey,

I'm an indie singer-songwriter type and I have just completed recording a full-length album (12 songs) which I plan to release on CD, iTunes, etc. My music genre would be considered folk-rock with lots of acoustic guitar based songs.

I'm in the market for a mastering engineer and of course I'm on a budget. Many years ago, Michael Iurato at Jigsaw Sound in NYC did a project with me that I was very happy with. However, they are no longer around.

Can someone recommend a good mastering engineer that is affordable (preferably) in the greater NYC area? I'm in Connecticut and if possible, I would like to attend the session.

Thanks!
Old 19th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave King View Post
Hey,

I'm an indie singer-songwriter type and I have just completed recording a full-length album (12 songs) which I plan to release on CD, iTunes, etc. My music genre would be considered folk-rock with lots of acoustic guitar based songs.

I'm in the market for a mastering engineer and of course I'm on a budget. Many years ago, Michael Iurato at Jigsaw Sound in NYC did a project with me that I was very happy with. However, they are no longer around.

Can someone recommend a good mastering engineer that is affordable (preferably) in the greater NYC area? I'm in Connecticut and if possible, I would like to attend the session.

Thanks!
Ronan has many big artist credits, but is priced very reasonably.

Good guy too. He also has a lot of experience in your genre.

In Los Angeles area, tho.

Mastering with Ronan Chris Murphy | Veneto West
Old 19th April 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave King View Post
Hey,

Thanks!
With all due respect, but I never understood these request here - this is the Mastering forum - mostly mastering engineers "lurking" around - so you ask us to recommend a mastering engineer - well, I recommend ME.

I'm in the NY area, don't really do attended since a long time - but offer a free sample - no questions asked. feel free to contact me directly. thx.
Old 19th April 2019
Lives for gear
I'm in Rhode Island, you're more than welcome to attend. I don't have company that often so it's very nice when I do!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search