The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Mastering engineers? HELP I am desperate
Old 16th October 2018
Here for the gear

Mastering engineers? HELP I am desperate

Hey guys,

I have these couple songs that I need to get mastered. But there is so many mastering studios and engineers these days. So many stupid online automated mastering sites which I dont want.

I have no idea who one to choose. Im wondering about Abbey road online mastering, but i heard its not worth the money. I really dont know..

Is here someone who can suggest some studio? Or is here someone who also offer free sample? Because I already tried one online mastering where I had to pay upfront and the job they did was TERRIBLE. It wasnt even worth trying to make any revisions, because they were clearly doing it on laptop speakers..

Please HELP
Old 16th October 2018
Lives for gear

What kind of music? Perhaps you can find out who your favourite label or artist uses? Also, don't expect miracles - a great sounding mix won't need much in the way of mastering.
Old 16th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTRAL_BABE View Post
Hey guys,

I have these couple songs that I need to get mastered. But there is so many mastering studios and engineers these days. So many stupid online automated mastering sites which I dont want.

I have no idea who one to choose. Im wondering about Abbey road online mastering, but i heard its not worth the money. I really dont know..

Is here someone who can suggest some studio? Or is here someone who also offer free sample? Because I already tried one online mastering where I had to pay upfront and the job they did was TERRIBLE. It wasnt even worth trying to make any revisions, because they were clearly doing it on laptop speakers..

Please HELP
A genre and/or reference track to your tastes would help things along.

Some great MEs on this board. Their signatures will take you to their work - check for similar styles/tastes/artists.
Old 16th October 2018
Here for the gear

Hey guys, here is the song. I want to get mastered.
WeTransfer

Here are the stems if is anyone interested
WeTransfer:

I know there are lot of professionals on the market, who would do a great job. But im sure here are a lot of talented engineers, who are not gonna charge me $500 a song. My budget for one song is based on Abey Road Mastering prices (about $100/song)

The studio where I sent it before made a dead 8LUFS version with bass 6dB louder than it was supposed to be and whole spectrum was peaking...

So if is anyone interested, just feel free to download the file or the stems and send me a free sample. If im satisfied, I have couple more songs to get mastered and also maybe some mixing work.

I just want it to be 13-14 LUFS and please do not overhype the highs.. Want it to sound as "analog" as possible

Thank you so much and feel free to contact me
Old 16th October 2018
It's a nice track, cans on for lunch. Worked on something very warm and reverberant last week for a management company, artist and label were very happy. All the best with finding someone.
Old 16th October 2018
Lives for gear

Love the tune! Sounds to me like more of a remix project than mastering. Vocals drowning a bit.
Old 22nd October 2018
dzb
Gear Nut

Hello to Original Poster. Sent message to you within a couple of hours of when you posted your desperate need message with a solid sample mastering of your song (with a version level matched to your spec) since you appeared in need - plus with your posting of song stems figured you were in true 'desperate' (as indicated in your posting title). I even followed-up several days later, still haven't heard from back - figured it was reasonable to at least get a thumbs up or thumbs down note back from you. But so far - nothing - no critique, feedback, thanks for attempting, not a word, zip.

Cool song, was fun to put my spin on it with some tweaks with the stems and enjoy for my listening pleasure. A nice exercise on this end, but some kind of response would have been a cordial way to thank a member of the GearSlutz community here for willing to give it a shot - regardless of where the master sat with your ears.

It's 5 O'clock, time for a beer. Cheers.
Old 23rd October 2018
Gear Addict
Try Doctormix.com

I've been using them for a year, they do a great job. I found them when I heard a great record and checked the mastering credits.
Old 23rd October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzb View Post
Hello to Original Poster. Sent message to you within a couple of hours of when you posted your desperate need message with a solid sample mastering of your song (with a version level matched to your spec) since you appeared in need - plus with your posting of song stems figured you were in true 'desperate' (as indicated in your posting title). I even followed-up several days later, still haven't heard from back - figured it was reasonable to at least get a thumbs up or thumbs down note back from you. But so far - nothing - no critique, feedback, thanks for attempting, not a word, zip.
OP has 3 posts total. Best not throw good money after bad.
Old 23rd October 2018
Gear Nut

I've worked on over 40,000 songs for over 7,500 clients and I will do a fantastic job for you!

Hearing what the sound engineer will to do with YOUR song TODAY is the ONLY way you will know what you're going to get back.

Visit my site if you have a CD you would like mastered and would like a free demo. https://CDmusicmastering.com or PM me

I wish you the very best with your music!
Old 30th January 2019
I'd suggest that high end engineers who have a lot of experience, and have mastered thousands of songs, are an okay choice.

My gripe with these ones is that if they've mastered thousands of songs, then it likely means they're probably spending 1, maybe 2 hours, on each track. They've got their work flow down so that they can get stuff done as fast as possible, but that means that some level of quality is going to be lost. In my opinion, a good 4 hours is usually enough time to get a job done just a little bit better than the quickie 1-2 hour job regularly pumps out. Sometimes, a mastering won't meet a client's expectations, and in those cases they'll have to pay the engineer more, to fix any issues and adjust things to the client's likings.

Definitely do not go for LANDR or any other automated mastering platform.

I do mastering engineering, but I'm not about to try and promote myself or claim that you should hire me. I do a pretty good job. An engineer that I've known for years, who switched their focus from mastering to more of the recording/mixing side of things, had been hiring me on a regular basis... and he was doing it, long before I began to learn. I'd recommend not hiring any one who posted a reply and recommends that you hire them, because they're promoting themselves.

However, I have had conversations with a dude on this forum, by the name of Hermetech Mastering -- and he is pretty spot on with everything that I've read, from his comments on this forum. I have not heard his work, but I'm suggesting considering him. My philosophy on mastering is a bit different than his. He seeks transparency, in his work; where as I try to slip in a little bit of flavoring into most tracks that I master, without crossing the line of it becoming undesirable. If mixes are perfect, then I go for transparency; but I find this to be rare.
Old 30th January 2019
Lives for gear

^ ^ ^

Dead thread.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search