The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Looking for Studio Recommendations to transfer Vinyl to Digital
Old 3rd July 2018
Lives for gear

Looking for Studio Recommendations to transfer Vinyl to Digital

Hi there.

I have an album I recorded over 30 years ago that I am having difficulty finding someone to successfully digitize it.

I have tried it myself - but it sounds too compressed.

There was a local place I had try this - off a cassette of the album - not real excited about the results.

Perhaps I am asking for something not really possible.

Trying to "open up" and "fatten" the sound a bit.

Anybody out there with a lot of experience doing this type of transfer?

I have multiple unopened copies of the album...

Thanks,

Sparky
Old 3rd July 2018
Mastering Moderator

Find someone local.
it is not difficult at all. I do an average of 15 per month for labels doing reissues, especially those who threw away analogue tapes in the nineties as they were told DAT is the future.....
I always do a flat transfer for archival purposes when asked a remaster to help when sonics were not exactly top notch.
I am pretty confident you can find a local mastering studio or within a short trip distance that can handle vinyl transfers with a decent turntable, preamp and cconverter.
Old 3rd July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riccardo View Post
I always do a flat transfer for archival purposes when asked a remaster to help when sonics were not exactly top notch.
I am pretty confident you can find a local mastering studio or within a short trip distance that can handle vinyl transfers with a decent turntable, preamp and cconverter.

Thanks for the reply Riccardo.

I think you've pin pointed the issue well - the album may require some "remastering" to hopefully achieve a better sonic outcome....

Sparky
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search