The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Mastering House
Old 12th May 2018
Gear Head

Mastering House

Hi,

I'll be hiring for a mastering house. Am interested in Abbey Roads studios. I'm not sure what the average cost per song is but they offer services at 90 pounds per song which seems reasonable to me. What's your opinions?

Thanks much,
ben
Old 13th May 2018
Gear Head

Hi,

Just checking: am I at fault for linking to abbey road studios?
Thanks,
Ben
Old 13th May 2018
Deleted 691ca21
Nope, more like all the bottom feeders jumping on you offering their services cheaper.
Old 13th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 691ca21 View Post
Nope, more like all the bottom feeders jumping on you offering their services cheaper.
My post just highlighted the lameness of the second post
..jr promoting his business by talking thrash about abbey road is totally lame
Old 13th May 2018
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ob1 View Post
Hi,

I'll be hiring for a mastering house. Am interested in Abbey Roads studios. I'm not sure what the average cost per song is but they offer services at 90 pounds per song which seems reasonable to me. What's your opinions?

Thanks much,
ben
Hey Ben, I use a studio outside of Washington DC. They are a little more expensive then other local studios, but between their credits as well as their personalities, it is well worth the money. I had to convert British pounds to US dollars and if your guys can meet your needs for around $126.00, after looking at their website, I think you will have spent your money wisely! Good luck on your project.
Old 13th May 2018
In mastering like most other things you get what you pay for. Best of luck and let us know how the mastering at Abbey Road turns out for you.

Just as an aside...there are lots of GREAT mastering engineers who post here regularly and you might want to contact a few of them before you make your final decision.

Again BEST OF LUCK!!!
Old 13th May 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 691ca21 View Post
For the record, there was just one bottom feeder who's post has been completely erased (I think JR's account is deleted), so our responses were then deleted ("Reference post deleted"). Just saying so I don't get lumped in there. I had also included a response to the OPs actual question. I hope he saw it before it got axed...
Old 13th May 2018
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trakworx View Post
For the record, there was just one bottom feeder who's post has been completely erased (I think JR's account is deleted), so our responses were then deleted ("Reference post deleted"). Just saying so I don't get lumped in there. I had also included a response to the OPs actual question. I hope he saw it before it got axed...
There seemed to be an issue with JR posting pics of his studio that were not his own as well as other misleading facts. This thread was closed, concerning his representation within the GS community. IMHO, I think that Members who offer these types of services, should be allowed to do so, when the post asks for this type of response. This post did not.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search