The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Recommend me an engineer
Old 7th February 2017
Gear Maniac

Recommend me an engineer

I'm wondering what mastering engineers do the big EDM guys go to to master their tracks? People like Skrillex, Diplo, Laidback Luke, etc, etc.

There's got to be some famous engineers who master all the big guys work. Anyone know who some of them are?

I've worked with Dark Art in the past but wasn't really impressed with his work or attitude to be honest.

Any other big mastering engineers or houses that specialize in EDM I should check out?
Old 7th February 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassbinoctuplets View Post
I'm wondering what mastering engineers do the big EDM guys go to to master their tracks? People like Skrillex, Diplo, Laidback Luke, etc, etc.

There's got to be some famous engineers who master all the big guys work. Anyone know who some of them are?

I've worked with Dark Art in the past but wasn't really impressed with his work or attitude to be honest.

Any other big mastering engineers or houses that specialize in EDM I should check out?
PM sent with more info
Old 8th February 2017
Gear Maniac

Maybe "big" is the confusing word in your op.

(btw, i heard a lot of popular em acts self master)
Old 9th February 2017
Gear Addict

Dina is correct many of the commercial EDM artists do their own mastering. But if you are looking for the same mastering engineer as some of favorite artists just look up the album credits and get in contact with those MEs.

Also there are many great MEs on this forum that can provide a great master...and remember a great master starts with a great mix.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search