The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Well I`m new here! Looking for new mastering service!
Old 29th January 2017
Lives for gear

Well I`m new here! Looking for new mastering service!

Just shopping and wondering what db requirements you want and such. This is mostly strings/acoustic guitar so I want to make sure the interest is there and you know what you`re doing in this genre. I have some rough demos, and some quite finished songs. I just acquired thousands of dollars in new interface and preamps and such, so I`ll probably want to re-record the vocals(female). But I do have some good samples of what you`ll be working with if you accept the challenge. The songs are really great, I`ve been doing this a looong time(used to be more guitar). Just looking for a good mastering engineer.
Old 29th January 2017
Lives for gear

No dB requirement necessary, we just need great mixes to do the craft.
Regarding samples we have a usefull thread here atm. But one thing: we as mastering engineers do not hold the rights on the music, so we are not allowed to share samples without the explizit permission of the artist/label. In my case its also like this that most artist in a similar genre just do not publish on youtube (more a wannabe mainstream thing), most of them doing vinyl or CD releases only.
I can send over some arists names within the next days and you could have look towards their releases on itunes etc, if you like.
Really, the one usefull thing is overing a testmaster snippet, but not all ME are liking the idea to do work for nothing/free...
Old 29th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP__ View Post
No dB requirement necessary, we just need great mixes to do the craft.
Regarding samples we have a usefull thread here atm. But one thing: we as mastering engineers do not hold the rights on the music, so we are not allowed to share samples without the explizit permission of the artist/label. In my case its also like this that most artist in a similar genre just do not publish on youtube (more a wannabe mainstream thing), most of them doing vinyl or CD releases only.
I can send over some arists names within the next days and you could have look towards their releases on itunes etc, if you like.
Really, the one usefull thing is overing a testmaster snippet, but not all ME are liking the idea to do work for nothing/free...
I`m just an independent label that only does my music. I do copyright everything I do, but, I do understand what you`re saying. I don`t care who hears what, I just need some mastering done. Myself, I just looked at what nobody wanted to do and did that. I spent a couple years under Angelo Clematides wing to try to perfect this genre before his untimely demise. I know he was a goofy guy, but he was brilliant at taking my good songs and showing me how to make them great.
Old 29th January 2017
Lives for gear

I worked several years in recording classical music before I started mastering. Searching for youtube links or other legal sources that I could provide would take me hours, so its easier for me to just provide a free mastering snippet.
This comes to my mind when speaking acoustic guitars (and strings), I have done the mastering some time ago:
https://youtu.be/onZfUJZbWSw

https://youtu.be/2vg4KVQ_xKI

Or this:
https://youtu.be/MkXwaaFHelE
Old 1st February 2017
Lives for gear

healthy mix, no clipping, no distortions, and if it's 24 bit,
then no worries about peaks, nor rms
We provide free sample for 'first timers'
and there are plenty audio samples of our work
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search