The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mastering needed
Old 18th September 2016
Here for the gear

Mastering needed

Hi, I'm looking for an engineer to master some of my music.. I mainly make deep/jackin/bass house (think shadow child, lowsteppa style) So if you have any examples of previous music similar to this genre that you have mastered that would be great! either leave links for me to check or drop me a message!

Thanks
Old 19th September 2016
Lives for gear

And if those mastering examples are vinyl only projects you are willing to buy them to get a reference...?
As a mastering engineer we do not own any rights on the music we masters, so we cant send out samples (at least without the explicit permission of the arists). Often we even do not know the artists or project name and therefore arent even able to search for the release.
Btw: this very populair genre's specialized approach regarding the role of mastering (especially in EDM) is nonsence; I heard very bad masters from some quite specialized guys and very good ones from the "open to any music"- guys. Better be open minded.
If we are talking an album/EP mastering job I happily provide a free testmaster snippet. I also strongly recommend to contact my mate chris over at sinetracks mastering.
Old 20th September 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP__ View Post
And if those mastering examples are vinyl only projects you are willing to buy them to get a reference...?
As a mastering engineer we do not own any rights on the music we masters, so we cant send out samples (at least without the explicit permission of the arists). Often we even do not know the artists or project name and therefore arent even able to search for the release.
Btw: this very populair genre's specialized approach regarding the role of mastering (especially in EDM) is nonsence; I heard very bad masters from some quite specialized guys and very good ones from the "open to any music"- guys. Better be open minded.
If we are talking an album/EP mastering job I happily provide a free testmaster snippet. I also strongly recommend to contact my mate chris over at sinetracks mastering.
I totally agree!!!

Plus:
Listening to ANYBODY'S masters and production will give you ABSOLUTELY NO idea how YOUR music will sound when properly mastered! Only an EXPERIENCED mastering engineer/producer can say WHY something on the market sounds great or bad! And never can be 100% sure :-) So, if you want to know what level you can achieve with your original music/mixes, you have two best options: either let somebody who you can trust to do whatever they can/want, or send exactly the same sample/mix to as many ME as possible, compare the results, and choose the one that YOU find as best.

I do lots of free samples all the time, because I believe that there is no other way for most of my potential clients to understand how their music could sound if properly mastered.

(I intentionally don't use "professionally mastered" here, because that doesn't mean anything nowadays...)

Anyway, If you decide to take the second approach, please feel free to send me a sample that I can return as demo master, so you can compare and estimate.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search