The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

A versatile multichannel file format and sampling rate conversion tool of utmost quality. All standard sampling rates between 44.1kHz and 384kHz are supported. And DSD too. POW-R dithering is also included of course. Runs on Windows or OSX (PowerPC) platforms. There are two versions available: Saracon and Saracon DSD. As the name implies, Saracon DSD adds DSD functionality. Both DSD to PCM and PCM to DSD conversion is possible with this option. Features: Sampling Rates (input/output): 44.1k, 48k, 88.2k, 96k, 176.4k, 192k, 352.8k, 384k, DSD (DSD input in preparation) Wordlengths (input/output): 16/20/24/32 bit fixed point, 32/64 IEEE float, DSD (DSD input in preparation) File Formats (input/output): Microsoft-Wave (*.wav), Sonic Foundry w64 (*.wav), Audio Interchange File Format (*.aiff), Sun Audio (*.au), Broadcast-Wave (BWF), Sound Designer II (sd2), Apple Core Audio Files (caf), Ensoniq PARIS audio file format (paf), Matlab 4 and 5 files (mat), Header-less raw audio files (*.raw), dsdiff (DSD input in preparation) Wordlength Reduction Methods: Flat TPDF dither, POW-r 1, POW-r 2, POW-r 3 THD+N PCM to PCM: better than –180dB for 32 Bit fixed point I/O, unweighted THD+N PCM to DSD: better than –147dB for 32 Bit fixed point Input, unweighted Number of channels: PCM to PCM: unlimited, PCM to DSD: up to six Weiss quality conversion algorithms Ergonomic user interface Built in sine-generator for testing purposes

Discussions

Weiss Saracon sampling rate converter

I am in need of a sampling rate converter, just wonder if I should do the hardware or the Weiss Saracon will do. I appreciate some opinions on both. thanks

View Post

Some thoughts on "high resolution" audio processing

...even multiples and conversion software was really poorly coded but that hasn't been the case for around a decade. Weiss Saracon and Izotope 64 bit are both really good. In my tests projects recorded and mixed at 96k sound better after conversion with them to 44.1 than projects recorded and mixed at 44.1. Going...

View Post

Wavelab 9.5, I am floored how great it is!!

...it used something called Crystal Resampler. Not so great. However, if you're like me and like to use iZotope RX or Saracon for SRC, you can also use your own SRC. Because of a great feature called "Custom Montage Copy", you can lock in all your processing at a high sample rate (and floating point bit-depth),...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?