The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

Designed to be the last process in the mixing chain or in the mastering studio, the L2 is a stand-alone, 48-bit/96kHz two-rackspace hardware unit, based on Waves' second-generation technology from its L1 Ultramaximizer mastering software plug-in. Like the L1 process, the L2 increases the average audio level and maintains absolute maximum peak levels without clip and without adverse side effects. Its IDR (Increased Digital Resolution) function is a requantization process that increases the perceived digital resolution by as much as three bits or 18 dB.

Discussions

Tips for better Daw sound , from you and me

L2 hardware and L2 software null. This has been discussed a few times. Brad Blackwoods PSW forum years ago was where I first asked the question. Brad was one of a few who did the test. There were some questions about getting a null with TDM, but Brad I think eventually showed...

View Post

Waves L2 Hardware today

I've used the L2 hardware for mastering a number of times and I like it for modern music like pop, rock, edm, hiphop as it did something nice in the mids. The plugin is really close in sound but I would really like waves to come out with an unlinked version.

View Post

Who's using PSP Xenon Limiter???

...to push it any harder. best, jt p.s. i switched to the Xenon about a decade ago from the L2 hardware. boing

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?