The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

If I have Slate VBC do I need Waves API2500?

...and though it pretty cool, and bought the bundle from a fine Gearslut. I've been quite impressed with the Waves 2500. It's making a great ITB drum parallel compressor. It's not bad on bass, and I think sometimes it may be perfect. I was overdubbing on a tune on Saturday,...

View Post

Universal Audio Releases the API 2500 Bus Compressor Plug-In for UAD-2

...the issue has nothing to do with censorship, but with collective, online forum respect. The conversation at hand is the API 2500 plugin, not with the UAD platform as a whole. While a worthy topic, for those wishing to learn more about UA's API 2500, they will have to wade through the signal to...

View Post

Pictures Of Mic'ed Up Drum Kits In The Studio

I use the Waves 2500 for drum parallel on almost every mix. That thing it pretty damn cool.

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Video Guides

Product Description

The API 2500 is a versatile dynamics processor that lets you shape the punch and tone of mixes with absolute accuracy. Its dual channel design lets the 2500 also function as two separate mono channels via a single compression setting. Using auto-makeup gain, you can adjust Threshold or Ratio while automatically maintaining a constant output level. With both “feed back” and “feed forward” compression types, the API 2500 boasts a wide range of incredibly musical parameters which have made it a favorite of engineers the world over.