The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

London's Abbey Road Studios were at the epicenter of a seismic shift that rocked the world of music during the 1960s, and changed the course of popular culture forever. The Beatles, The Hollies, Pink Floyd and countless other luminaries made musical history at Abbey Road Studios, trailblazing a revolution that resonates to this day.<br /> <br /> And at the heart of it all: The REDD consoles, custom-designed, built by and named for Abbey Road Studios' in-house Record Engineering Development Department. Renowned for their silky smooth EQ curves, extraordinary warmth and lush stereo imagery, there’s something magical about the REDDs that sound like no other consoles.<br /> <br /> Waves meticulously recreated the color, character and tonal complexity of the original desks: The REDD.17 which still belongs to Abbey Road Studios, and the REDD.37 console now owned by Lenny Kravitz. The result is an impressive pair of plugins that deliver the dimension, depth and richness of these console classics.

Discussions

Chandler REDD mic next to a vintage U87

Hi all! I have a Chandler Limited REDD mic here at the moment, and am having a lot of fun experimenting with it and putting it up against my much-loved 1971 Neumann U87. The REDD is a fantastic mic with a lot of depth. I just did a comparison with both mics about two feet away...

View Post

Sonic Differences Between Abbey Road and White Album

...every channel, a compressor, limiter on every channel and many more mic inputs on the T.G. Desk. where on the REDD Desk basically eight, I could now put into practice the many things I could not do before, so I now began to change many of the mic positions and experiment, that is why...

View Post

Looking to buy either a new high end microphone or a preamp

You already have it in your list, but it sounds like the Chandler REDD mic would be a good fit. If you want a 251 style, I'll second the Upton. I've not used it, but a friend got one for his studio and I've been sent plenty of tracks to mix that used it....

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Video Guides