The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The WA76 Discrete Compressor is a modern reproduction of the Classic '76 Revision D. The WA76 has a fully discrete signal path and uses the original Reichenbach Engineering's (now CineMag) transformer design. The classic '76 was a major breakthrough in limiter technology, and used on hundreds of hit records since its inception. Engineers have craved the ultra-fast attack time and trademark sound of the '76 for decades, and now it is finally affordable! Our goal was to make a compressor of this pedigree affordable for the first time, without compromising the quality and design parameters that make this type of compressor so desirable.

Discussions

New Klark Teknik 1176 compressor

I have: 1x UA 1176 (13 years old) 2x WA76 4x KT-76 4x WA EQP 2x KT EQP I had problems with the input attenuators in both of my WA76 just after 1-year warranty expired, Sweetwater totally took care of it. The WA76 are a little brighter sounding than the UA or the KT 1176 style compressors. I'd say the...

View Post

Chandler REDD mic next to a vintage U87

...I'd call kind of 'brash' when you really shout at it. But I'm finding that going REDD > Warm Audio WA76 > WA2A really smoothes that out. The REDD seems to give a more polished, natural sound right out of the box, where with the 87 I had to really spend time matching preamps...

View Post

*Why* do HW compressors outperform VSTs?

...units here... They all sound different.. I know I like Kenetek the best for just about anything when tracking... The WA76 pair I like least, and would rather use a plugin... For Mixing I would rather use a plugin over the Kenetek... Is there a difference though, yess.... do I have a plugin emulating...

View Post

Video Guides