The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Description

Punch and presence define this mic pre, and the TONE button gives you that upside down presence you expect from old school API based units! From creator Bryce Young: 3 years ago I set out to create a top-notch preamp every musician could afford.* Not just a fancy chassis or shiny tubes but something that would actually sound great, something that would transform average mics and instruments into world-class tone.* I’ve built gear for high-end studios for years—cutting corners for this project was not an option in my mind.* The WA12 is designed at the quality level of everything else I’ve built.* It’s truly exceptional.* The WA12 holds its ground next to pres 4-5 times its price.Is this possible?* Yes.* A bold claim?* Absolutely.* A lie?* Nope.* I can honestly say that I have created an industry-changing piece of gear.* Say goodbye to the $1,000 glass ceiling and say hello to the WA12.* The first fully-professional, transformer-balanced mic pre, with the beautiful character and mojo of some of the greatest classics….all at one ridiculous price.Take a listen.* Be amazed.Warm Audio WA12 Specifications 71db of Gain CUSTOM DESIGNED Cinemag input and output transformers MADE IN THE USA! 150 ohm, and 600 ohm input impedance for varying tone – available for both the mic and HI-Z inputs Fully Discrete* * 48 volt Phantom Power Mic level balanced input: XLR or 1/4″ Balanced outputs: XLR or 1/4″ True HI

Discussions

Affordable LDC Microphone With Multiple Voicings

...haven't been able to really put it through the paces either so this also just my initial reaction. Chain is a wa12 -- rnla -- scarlet

View Post

Warm Audio presents the WA-412 4 Channel Pre

...put a different spin on it, as coming back to that preamp design nearly 5 years after developing the first WA12 gave us all a fresh perspective on what we might try differently so that each unit was sort of its own animal. One important reason to do that is that we still...

View Post

Guitar recording without an amp

...way. Reamping the DI guitar tracks thru my MXR Fullbore Metal pedal (which is btw rockoutrockout) into Warm Audio WA12 mic preamp did quite good job actually, with the same GR settings than before. Yeah, I guess it's the best. I'm just thinking how expensive amp you need in it to get the...

View Post

Video Guides