The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

Punch and presence define this mic pre, and the TONE button gives you that upside down presence you expect from old school API based units! From creator Bryce Young: 3 years ago I set out to create a top-notch preamp every musician could afford.* Not just a fancy chassis or shiny tubes but something that would actually sound great, something that would transform average mics and instruments into world-class tone.* I’ve built gear for high-end studios for years—cutting corners for this project was not an option in my mind.* The WA12 is designed at the quality level of everything else I’ve built.* It’s truly exceptional.* The WA12 holds its ground next to pres 4-5 times its price.Is this possible?* Yes.* A bold claim?* Absolutely.* A lie?* Nope.* I can honestly say that I have created an industry-changing piece of gear.* Say goodbye to the $1,000 glass ceiling and say hello to the WA12.* The first fully-professional, transformer-balanced mic pre, with the beautiful character and mojo of some of the greatest classics….all at one ridiculous price.Take a listen.* Be amazed.Warm Audio WA12 Specifications 71db of Gain CUSTOM DESIGNED Cinemag input and output transformers MADE IN THE USA! 150 ohm, and 600 ohm input impedance for varying tone – available for both the mic and HI-Z inputs Fully Discrete* * 48 volt Phantom Power Mic level balanced input: XLR or 1/4″ Balanced outputs: XLR or 1/4″ True HI

Discussions

Warm Audio presents the WA-412 4 Channel Pre

...put a different spin on it, as coming back to that preamp design nearly 5 years after developing the first WA12 gave us all a fresh perspective on what we might try differently so that each unit was sort of its own animal. One important reason to do that is that we still...

View Post

warm audio wa12. Can barely hear any difference compared to 2 other pres

I'm almost scared to admit this. I bought a wa12, and I'm trying to find reasons to justify it. I also regularly use a focusrite Scarlett 2i4, behringer x32, and roland quad capture as sound cards. I matched the gains of a 58 mic (and a heil pr35 actually) and had a mess with the focusrite, x32...

View Post

Looking to get better sound from Re20 setup

...would do. I was looking at returning the cl1 and getting a grace 101m, golden age project 73, or a wa12 mk2 and then doing an xlr to trs into the scarlet line in to avoid its preamp noise. I am not sure which amp to get and am open to advice. My budget is...

View Post

Video Guides